Wireless Security system info wanted

I worked there too, in the warehouse...summer job...it sucked.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Missing Kids "BULLSHIT STORY"

Subject: Sad news From: "Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Date: 6/8/2002 6:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

I just received a call from my brother concerning my cousin in Sao Paulo. He got married last weekend to a wonderful Brasileira who has three young daughters. Several family members from the US flew down for the wedding. On Tuesday as their three daughters were walking to school someone grabbed the two younger ones -- ages 10 and 11. They have not been seen or heard from since and we fear the worst.

A few of you guys know how to pray. Your prayers will be much appreciated as our family deals with this. Perhaps somehow a miracle can still happen.

Sincerely, Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Sad news From: "Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Date: 6/9/2002 3:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

In Sao Paulo kidnapping is a daily event. They have an average of ~30 kidnappings a month. It no longer makes headlines unless the victim is someone important.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Sad news From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Date: 6/9/2002 5:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Goofy Bass Wrote: In Sao Paulo kidnapping is a daily event. They have an average of ~30 kidnappings a month. It no longer makes headlines unless the victim is someone important.

Mike Said: Then what assholes would move there with children? Oh never mind the name Bass explians the rest....

Mike, Sr. Alarm Services Inc.(NJ) Group Moderator

formatting link
APPROVED VENDOR - Attention DIY's & Newbies
formatting link
Visit The Goofy Bass Website
formatting link

Subject: Re: Sad news From: "Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Date: 6/9/2002 11:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Thanks J,

There was some encouragement last night. I had about 20 of our Brazilian friends over for a birthday party. We all talked about the kidnapping. My cousin lives in a secure, gated community. The children's father (my cousin is their step-dad) is quite wealthy, owns a number of successful night clubs.

I had originally thought that they were walking to school but my aunt told me this morning they were being driven to school by a chauffeur. The car was intercepted by armed bandits who grabbed the younger two kids. They let the older girl go with a message (no details but one assumes it was a ransom demand).

In Brazil it is extremely rare for pedophiles to kidnap children because they can easily have what they want for a few dollars in any city. Prostitution is not illegal in Brazil. Child prostitution, while illegal, is apparently commonplace. The police occasionally crack down on the purveyors but it is mostly for show. Coincidentally, the day before I left Rio several policemen were arrested for pedophilia. I understand they will serve about four years in prison, surrounded by people who don't particularly like ex-policemen. Something tells me justice will be served in horrific manner.

Anyway, this kidnapping was almost certainly about money. It was an organized group who did it. In Sao Paulo kidnapping is a routine part of life. I'm told that everyone knows someone who had been kidnapped at one time or another, some multiple times. It's at least partly caused by the dramatic differences in life styles. There really is no middle class to speak of. There are the very rich and the very poor. The poor vastly outnumber the rich. If you're born poor in the USA, you still have some chance of becoming successful. It may require extreme effort, lots of good luck and more work. But it can be done. In Brazil if you're born poor you are likely to remain poor no matter how smart or hard working you are.

It's a wonderful place but it's also a very sad place. For American visitors it's a paradise. The people are genuinely friendly and unlike many Europeans they really like Americans. You can't eat dinner alone in a restaurant without the families nearby drawing you in and even sharing their food with you. Strangers look at each other and greet each other on the street, in the buses, whatever. Sit down in a chair on the beach (you don't bring a chair; someone will approach and offer you a chair and a sun umbrella) and within five minutes several locals will strike up a conversation with you. Act at all friendly and you'll be invited home for dinner. As I said, It's an incredible land but it can also be very dangerous.

For now we can only pray. But at least there's hope.

Subject: Re: Sad news From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Date: 6/9/2002 4:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

There was some encouragement last night. I had about 20 of our Brazilian friends over for a birthday party. We all talked about the kidnapping. My cousin lives in a secure, gated community. The children's father (my cousin is their step-dad) is quite wealthy, owns a number of successful night clubs.

Mike Said: Typical Goofy Bass move. The Heat is on him so he fabricates some BULLSHIT story (with no prove or documentation what so ever) to divert the attention in another direction. Children are Kidnaped, molested,murdered,die of starvation every day in every country around the world. Welcome to the world.

Goofy Bass Wrote: I had originally thought that they were walking to school but my aunt told me this morning they were being driven to school by a chauffeur. The car was intercepted by armed bandits who grabbed the younger two kids. They let the older girl go with a message (no details but one assumes it was a ransom demand).

Mike Said: ORIGINALLY THOUGHT? This is what you posted first (On Tuesday as their three daughters were walking to school someone grabbed the two younger ones -- ages

10 and 11. They have not been seen or heard from since and we fear the worst.)

NOW you say ORIGINALLY THOUGHT....Typical Goofy Bass BULLSHIT. You should write children's books.

Goofy Bass Goes On: In Brazil it is extremely rare for pedophiles to kidnap children because they can easily have what they want for a few dollars in any city.

Mike Said: is that why you visit there all the time?

Goofy Goes On: Coincidentally, the day before I left Rio several policemen were arrested for pedophilia.

Mike Said: You are lucky it was not you. How do you know this? Was it on TV. Did they send you a newspaper clipping? YOU ARE A LIAR.

Goofy Goes 2nd offenders would do more time.

Goofy Goes On: For now we can only pray. But at least there's hope.

Mike Said: Yes, GOOFY, we all pray that you will change your attitude and ways. AS far as the HOPE part, I think it is hopeless. But we can PRAY.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Subject: Re: Sad news From: "Jacob Ashbury" snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com Date: 6/9/2002 11:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Good cover line- now you think "easy verification is impossible" diabolical Bass.

Subject: Re: Sad news From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Date: 6/9/2002 4:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Leuck Wrote: I doubt anyone can get easy verification on anything in South America, it's third world.

Mike Said: EXACTLY....typical Goofy Bass Move....Untrackable, Babbling, BULLSHIT....

PS: If Goofy Bass really cared, his ass would be on the first plane out.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Subject: Re: Sad news From: "Jacob Ashbury" snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com Date: 6/9/2002 11:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Horus are you lame? Bass made this up. Things are getting a little too snug for him in here and this is just another one of his 'poor me' posts. Look through Google and you'll find these strewn whenever he wants some 'poor Robert' stuff.

Subject: Re: Sad news From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Date: 6/9/2002 4:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

JAKE WROTE: Horus are you lame? Bass made this up. Things are getting a little too snug for him in here and this is just another one of his 'poor me' posts. Look through Google and you'll find these strewn whenever he wants some 'poor Robert' stuff.

Mike Said: YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD JAKE (See my other post.) We old timers know them GOOFY TACTICS all too well.

When the HEAT IS ON GOOFY BASS he posts one of these attention diverters. (poor Goofy 's)

GOOFY GIVE US PROVE....News article - POLICE REPORT- UNTIL THEN....It is PURE BULLSHIT.........

PS: Please take this BULLSHIT out of MY NG and use private e-mail. This group is for ALARMS..

Subject: Re: Sad news From: "Jacob Ashbury" snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com Date: 6/9/2002 5:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

I'd settle for a URL (that is real) to a newspaper that relates to the topic in general, doesn't even have to be this specific event. I Coperniced and Bullseyed all the Sao Paulo papers and reports this morning and NADA (nothing!) even remotely close to Bass' latest fairy tale.

Besides- IF it were true then how come Bass had a party and posted more than ten times since the incident (made up, not just alleged)?

Too coincidental.

Subject: Re: Sad news From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Date: 6/9/2002 5:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Goofy Bass Wrote: I just received a call from my brother concerning my cousin in Sao Paulo. He got married last weekend to a wonderful Brasileira who has three young daughters. Several family members from the US flew down for the wedding. On Tuesday as their three daughters were walking to school someone grabbed the two younger ones -- ages 10 and 11. They have not been seen or heard from since and we fear the worst.

A few of you guys know how to pray. Your prayers will be much appreciated as our family deals with this. Perhaps somehow a miracle can still happen.

Mike Said: Hmmmmm. When did you wish that blood vessel in my brain would burst? Remember what I wrote? Wish EVIL on one and it may happen to you or yours first. SAD, BUT I guess I was RIGHT AGAIN....Maybe you will think TWICE BEFORE YOU WISH EVIL ON ANYONE AGAIN....Especially ME.

HERE IS WHEN YOU WISHED IT ON ALARMIN JIM: Goofy Bass Wrote: That's alright, Jim. You just keep it up. One of these days that insane rage in your head will pop a little, tiny blood vessel and all will return to normal here. No one will miss you either.

HERE IS WHEN YOU WISHED IT ON ME....JUNE 6-2002

Goofy Goes On: Perhaps the best alternative is to wait for an aneurysm to do to the rest of his brain what misfortune did to his mind at birth.

Mike Said: Wish thing on others and they will come to you or yours first. Do you want the same aneurysm that did your so-called brother that you never got along with? Taking from "The Testimony"( Quote- I fought constantly with my brothers and sisters) Did your brother or Step Mommy Bonnie ever find out what you did to Sissy (Virginia Bass(tard)?

Mike Said: You are looking for a miracle you say... ST. Michael will grant you one -THAT I KNOW YOU WILL REMEMBER 4 EVER.... ASMOUDOS (666) Look it up Goof......

Matbe this will be a Wake Up Call to you.......Short EyE......

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Subject: too tired to read and too obnoxious to care From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnocrap (Nunya Bizness) Date: 6/10/2002 6:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Bass, I don't care if I get flamed. I don't care if I get booed. I don't even care if I get hung for this but your BULLSHIT story about the kidnapping is HEINOUS. You had to cover your lying ass some way and the method you chose was disgusting. I'll go back through Google and show you UMPTEEN posts where your brother "resides" in New England and not Puerto Va Liar South America. You get caught lying about being Izzy Slapowitz and you concoct this story. You're one sick bastard Bass. Anyone that buys one word of your story is just another naive jackass. After

6+ years of chat rooms and internet drama I can honestly say that you are an AMATEUR bullshitter and you need better stories. Kiss my dick for telling this bruatl lie Bass.

UPDATE

Subject: Re: Kidnapping From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Roger W.) Date: 6/11/2002 11:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

********************************** Roger W:

So what do you want from us? By your own admission, you don't even know these people. You refer to Cousin Eugene's wife as "the mother". We don't know if they even exist. Apparently Eugene doesn't talk to you because you had to get third hand information from your aunt who got it from other family members. You weren't invited to the wedding and you didnt even know the date.

Does it make you feel important in some weird way to announce to the world that you might be remotely connected to people suffering from an alleged tragedy ?

Why are you trying to lay a heavy trip on us? About people you don't know? Don't you think we have our own personal problems?

What do you want? Prayers? If so then go to church ..................or temple. Depending on which religion you think you'll be that day.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Just a little piece from "The Testimony" by Robert L.Bass to back up the above. "The Testimony" in its entirety is shown below.

"The Testimony" by Robert L. Bass

I thought you might be interested to know that one of your competitors, Robert L Bass (me) of Bass Home Electronics, is also a born again Christian. I saw your post in the news group and decided to visit your site to see what you sell.

Actually, I was intending to check your prices since a prospective client had told me you charge less than I do on a couple of items. I wondered about the reason your company's name is "Alpha & Omega," since it is one of the names of God. Boy was I happy to find out!

I read your testimony and was glad to hear of the change Jesus has made in your life. I, too, have had a drastic turn-around in my life after meeting Jesus Christ.

In brief, I grew up in a loving home with good, honest parents. But I was always the rebel. I fought constantly with my brothers and sisters, the kids in school and most of all with any form of authority. By the end of seventh grade my parents could no longer control me. They sent me to a private school for troubled youth in New Hampshire. It cost all they had to ty to help me.

Soon I got into a fight and stabbed a classmate. I was 13 years old then. I spent the next four and a half years locked up, all the while building a rage inside me against everyone around me.

At age 17 I was released and came home to live with my family. In a few months I dropped out of the school my parents had enrolled me in, moved to Grenwich Village in New York City and joined the "hippy" scene. That was

1969. I spent the next 10 years on drugs, wandering around the country, in and out of jails on many felony charges.

I wrecked several cars, destroyed the lives of anyone who tried to help me and caused the death of an innocent woman in a car wreck in Missouri. Still I had no clue how to change my life.

In Florida my road to destruction finally came to the brink. Convicted of multiple felonies and facing many years in prison, I was about to go right down the drain forever. With the "winning" personality I had developed, I got in some fights in the jail as I awaited the sentence. I was charged as a "Habitual Felon" and faced 35 years to life. It was finally over...

And then God did a miracle. He sent a man into the jail all the way up to the solitary block where I was being kept due to fighting. This man brought the message that someone still cared about me. That there is a God and that He really loves me -- just as I am.

That night I got down and prayed an honest prayer of repentance for the first time in my life. I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life and to enable me to deal with the terrible prison sentence I was expecting. I didn't dare dream of ever being set free. I was certain I would not live 35 years in the Florida prison system. Too many other convicts hated me and wanted to see me dead.

But God had a plan for my life. A glorious plan of redemption, freedom and joy in the Holy Spirit! Three months later the judge allowed me to go to a Christian drug treatment facility in Hartford, CT. There I spent nearly two years, first as a student in the program and later as a volunteer staff member helping others learn to follow Jesus as I had.

Well it's been 18 years since I was set free from prison and 18 years since I was set free from the bonds of death and destruction that I had wrapped around my life. God has never failed me. Jesus has given me two wonderful children and a lovely wife. In fact, both of my boys have been called into missions. Praise God!

And just to show the world that Jesus can and does really change lives completely... He has given me a burglar alarm business. I was a thief and a con man. But Jesus has enabled me to protect the homes, lives and businesses of over a thousand people in Connecticut. And now He is helping me build a national security business over the Internet.

Sometimes I think God really has a great sense of humor, too. You see, some of the people whose homes I protect are judges, police officers and attorneys. Several good friends of mine are state police officers. Even a federal judge has entrusted me with his safety. I have key safes with about

300 keys to homes and businesses and God knows he had made me into a man who wouldn't even think of abusing that trust. Isn't He wonderful?

I will encourage you to never stop seeking Him. Keep sharing your testimony with anyone who will listen, my friend. And as God gives you opportunities to speak for His glory, you go right on and obey Him.

In His Service,

RLBass

/===================================\\ | Robert L Bass | | Bass Home Electronics | | 80 Bentwood Road | | West Hartford, CT 06107 | | (860) 561-2020 voice | | (860) 521-2143 fax | | snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com | |

formatting link
| | CT State License: 00106011 | \\===================================/

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Do you remember the rich socialite girl from

She killed the wrong person

Reply to
Group-Moderator

"The Testimony" goes into more detail"

"The Testimony" by Robert L. Bass

I thought you might be interested to know that one of your competitors, Robert L Bass (me) of Bass Home Electronics, is also a born again Christian. I saw your post in the news group and decided to visit your site to see what you sell.

Actually, I was intending to check your prices since a prospective client had told me you charge less than I do on a couple of items. I wondered about the reason your company's name is "Alpha & Omega," since it is one of the names of God. Boy was I happy to find out!

I read your testimony and was glad to hear of the change Jesus has made in your life. I, too, have had a drastic turn-around in my life after meeting Jesus Christ.

In brief, I grew up in a loving home with good, honest parents. But I was always the rebel. I fought constantly with my brothers and sisters, the kids in school and most of all with any form of authority. By the end of seventh grade my parents could no longer control me. They sent me to a private school for troubled youth in New Hampshire. It cost all they had to ty to help me.

Soon I got into a fight and stabbed a classmate. I was 13 years old then. I spent the next four and a half years locked up, all the while building a rage inside me against everyone around me.

At age 17 I was released and came home to live with my family. In a few months I dropped out of the school my parents had enrolled me in, moved to Grenwich Village in New York City and joined the "hippy" scene. That was

1969. I spent the next 10 years on drugs, wandering around the country, in and out of jails on many felony charges.

I wrecked several cars, destroyed the lives of anyone who tried to help me and caused the death of an innocent woman in a car wreck in Missouri. Still I had no clue how to change my life.

In Florida my road to destruction finally came to the brink. Convicted of multiple felonies and facing many years in prison, I was about to go right down the drain forever. With the "winning" personality I had developed, I got in some fights in the jail as I awaited the sentence. I was charged as a "Habitual Felon" and faced 35 years to life. It was finally over...

And then God did a miracle. He sent a man into the jail all the way up to the solitary block where I was being kept due to fighting. This man brought the message that someone still cared about me. That there is a God and that He really loves me -- just as I am.

That night I got down and prayed an honest prayer of repentance for the first time in my life. I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life and to enable me to deal with the terrible prison sentence I was expecting. I didn't dare dream of ever being set free. I was certain I would not live 35 years in the Florida prison system. Too many other convicts hated me and wanted to see me dead.

But God had a plan for my life. A glorious plan of redemption, freedom and joy in the Holy Spirit! Three months later the judge allowed me to go to a Christian drug treatment facility in Hartford, CT. There I spent nearly two years, first as a student in the program and later as a volunteer staff member helping others learn to follow Jesus as I had.

Well it's been 18 years since I was set free from prison and 18 years since I was set free from the bonds of death and destruction that I had wrapped around my life. God has never failed me. Jesus has given me two wonderful children and a lovely wife. In fact, both of my boys have been called into missions. Praise God!

And just to show the world that Jesus can and does really change lives completely... He has given me a burglar alarm business. I was a thief and a con man. But Jesus has enabled me to protect the homes, lives and businesses of over a thousand people in Connecticut. And now He is helping me build a national security business over the Internet.

Sometimes I think God really has a great sense of humor, too. You see, some of the people whose homes I protect are judges, police officers and attorneys. Several good friends of mine are state police officers. Even a federal judge has entrusted me with his safety. I have key safes with about

300 keys to homes and businesses and God knows he had made me into a man who wouldn't even think of abusing that trust. Isn't He wonderful?

I will encourage you to never stop seeking Him. Keep sharing your testimony with anyone who will listen, my friend. And as God gives you opportunities to speak for His glory, you go right on and obey Him.

In His Service,

RLBass

/===================================\\ | Robert L Bass | | Bass Home Electronics | | 80 Bentwood Road | | West Hartford, CT 06107 | | (860) 561-2020 voice | | (860) 521-2143 fax | | snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com | |

formatting link
| | CT State License: 00106011 | \\===================================/

Reply to
Group-Moderator

I realized that. I was just having fun with you. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Pull the base board off in the area you will lift the carpet. Use a kick to pull the carpet back to it's original position on the carpet tacks and then place the baseboard back on.

The reason for this is simple. It's cleaner, and the carpet looks no different. And your fingers avoid the carpet tacks :)

Of course it may be too much work and or repair work to redo the baseboards.

Also ensure if your wiring has to go across the carpet tacks that you cut out the section of carpet tack and lay the cable in the open section. Be careful retacking the carpet in this area to ensure the wire doesn't move.

Reply to
Jeruvy

Dave: Fellow DYI'r who just went through the same process you are in the middle of. I am Happy to share info and help. Good luck!

-R

Reply to
Ricky C

timing and cash flow...in my case the two seldom coincide...well maybe once in awhile but certainly not enough.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Dave -

DSC also makes a wireless keypad that works fairly well. I know it's been a time since your first post, but I thought I would chime in. The Ademco, in my opinion, is a little more difficult to program compared to the DSC. Both can be programed by keypad or laptop.

Chris.

Reply to
Wonderdog

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.