How many 5828V Wireless Talking Remote Keypads?

How many 5828V Wireless Talking Remote Keypads can be added to the Lynxr system? Is the Lynx limited to one talking wireless remote, or is it possible to add more than one?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

As many as you want, since it uses the house code instead of learning in as a sensor you could have hundreds if not thousands

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks for the quick response. How long will a 5828V run on the AA batteries?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

I'd never run one on the AA batteries but then again I don't care much for that keypad

Reply to
mleuck

I'd recommend using the optional power supply...and they don't have much range either.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Most of the range issue was due to the internal antenna being bent during manufacturing but it's still not a good keypad. I'd rather use the 5878

Reply to
mleuck

Yah I've used a few of those...just don't label the disarm buttons. What a pain to program in the field though...never did get the hang of it - always ended up programming it with compass first.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have a relatively new home with built-in alarm system. I plan to use a completely separate system to monitor the outside of the house. I have PIRs and other sensors for the driveway, front door, yard gates, etc. All I really want is a chime that identifies which senor is triggered (e.g. front door PIR). I have a wireless Powermax Visonic and that worked fine, except the chime does not identify the zone. All I know is someone triggered one of the outdoor sensors. Could be someone at the front door, or the back gate, etc. It is my understanding that the wireless talking Lynx will indentify the zone. Regarding the 5828V, I don't need to use the key pad or other features; I just want to get talking zone chimes upstairs and downstairs.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

You program it like 2 keyfobs, how hard is that?

Reply to
mleuck

I don't think the 5828V does talking zones or chimes once it's in sleep mode which it will be most of the time while powered by batteries alone

Reply to
mleuck

dunno...im a dumbass I guess...I always f*ck it up.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've sold some nifty talking pirs...cant remember who makes them, they transmit to a small radio like device you can move around the house...and you can program what it says. I've only sold 3 systems, but the peeps that bought them love them (in conjunction to my real alarm system) I think you can have 4 or 5 pirs on one receiver.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Will the 5828V do talking zones/chimes if powered with AC?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

That's probably the Voice Alert VA6000. I've sold hundreds of them. They work well for they're intended purpose, though I don't recommend connecting them to an alarm system. I do have a few clients using them to activate lighting and such through ELK-M1G home automation systems.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I just confirmed that it won't talk when in sleep mode.

It should talk when powered by batteries AND AC just the display goes into sleep mode. If I can find a suitable transformer I'll test it. Why Honeywell (and now DSC) like using goofy transformers is beyond me.

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

I received my 5828V today. I did not know the power supply was optional so I can't test it yet, but according to the manual, the 5828V will stay in ready mode when powered by AC.

The vocabulary of the 5828V is less than the LYNXR and VISTA panels, but the chime can be programmed to use speech to identify the zone that faults.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Yup that was another limitation although it's the same limitation that you find in other Honeywell talking keypads

Reply to
mleuck

I installed the optional 5828V transformer and confirmed that when powered with AC, the unit does not go into sleep mode and the chime does talk when a sensor is faulted.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

The display still goes into sleep mode

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.