What Tool Do I Need To Compress Standard RG6 Connectors Onto The Stripped Cable...

before crimping it. I see all types of compression tools for RG6 coax connectors but they appear to be specialized connectors. I'm looking for one that will compress a "Plain Jane" RG6 connector onto a stripped RG6 cable. Can anyone here refer me to what I need or where I can find it? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW
Loading thread data ...

Radio Shack. Simple, effective, affordable, and there's one in practically every shopping mall everywhere. ;-)

Reply to
Jackcsg

Hey Joe, what type of connectors do you want to attach?...F-type(cablevision), BNC(cctv), RCA(home audio/video), also there are many different types of connectors available: crimp, compression, screw-on...what do you need to do?

Reply to
smiley

Just the "Plain Jane" RG6 connectors that use the hex crimper after the connector is pushed onto the cable. I have been doing this by hand but I'm about to have to do a bunch pretty soon. I hope you know what I'm talking about because I don't know any other way to describe it. Wait, I'll see if I can find a picture of the connector and list the link. Thanks, Joe Here's a link:

formatting link

Reply to
JW

Those are F-type connectors (like for cable tv). What you need is a pretty generic crimping tool... If you'll be doing a bunch soon, I'd focus on a comfortable grip like the Ideal 30-503

formatting link
This site has it listed for $54.00, but you may be able to find it cheaper.

Reply to
Aegis

Ive used the f-56 -59 radio shack crimper , seems to do the job of those costing much more. its cheap to replace if you loose it. Take a chunk of rg6 and a couple fittling to test the crimp. They seem to have personality..some crimpers crimp better than others.

Around commercial installs or those interfacing the cable compaies I use compression or T&B snap & seal (digicon too) just to keep the peace. The zenith zds5061 is a cheap compressor but the LCCT or T&B compression tool although a little pricey are much better. (froogle for best price.) MCCET ESS/

Reply to
USR1942(MC_CET)

or you can do what electricians do...Klein line-man's and/or a hammer!

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I don't know why I'm having so much trouble getting everyone to understand what I'm looking for. I am NOT looking for a CRIMPING TOOL, I have a good one like many posters have recommended. I'm looking for a tool to COMPRESS or SQUEEZE the connector (like the ones in the link below) onto the stripped cable BEFORE I crimp it. I know most installers just push and twist by hand until the connector is in the correct position for crimping but I was hoping someone made a tool for this because after doing several of these by hand, your fingers get pretty tired. I don't know any other way to get my point across so I will give up after this. Thanks to everyone anyway. Joe

Reply to
JW

Subject: Re: What Tool Do I Need To Compress Standard RG6 Connectors Onto The Stripped Cable... Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => JW I don't know why I'm having so much trouble getting everyone to understand

After you cut (and prep) the cable the fitting easily slides onto it. Why do you need a tool? I've done 100's in one sitting and never had any tired fingers.

Reply to
G. Morgan

formatting link
Scroll to bottom of the page.. search for ET-CX1

Reply to
Aegis

Joe You are using the wrong connectors then. Probably they're made for RG59. The proper connectors for your cable will not be that difficult to fit. js

Reply to
alarman

I agree.. Shouldn't be that hard, BUT they do appear to make a tool just for that... (see prior post re: ET-CX1)

Reply to
Aegis

Thanks Aegis, you found what I've been looking for (ET-CX1), Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW

Subject: This Is It...This is What I'm Looking For!!!! Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => JW

Oh, he wanted a short-sleeve. Why didn't you just say so?

Reply to
G. Morgan

you can also have a problem with Quad Shield RG6 if you buy just the = normal F connectors...after squeezn the reg. ones on quad shield for a = day ya fingers are bleeding.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.