Conduit Size & Cable Fill Capacity

Would anyone have a handy chart that shows how much Cat6 or Cat5 cables max can be filled in a conduit of 3", 2", etc....

Reply to
John Soto
Loading thread data ...

Here is a conduit fill capacity table you can use:

formatting link
Has CAT3, CAT5E, CAT6 and CAT3 multipair cables

Good luck!

Reply to
Dmitri

Dmitri,

This is a great URL. If I want to use RG-6 what size OD should I use in the table? Is there a difference between ordinary RG-6 and the QS kind?

Same questions for fiber, only I don't know enough about fiber to be more specific.

Last question (thanks!): If I wanted to use the "combination" or "bundle" cables that I have read about, where you get say 2 each of RG-6 and Cat 5e in one "package," is this table still good?

This is for a project where I will put in some vertical conduit(s) in my house right now, so I can come along later and do the wiring.

Reply to
California dude

Depends on the manufacturer, and the specific cable type. For instance, Belden 7916A is .298" OD..

If you're putting in conduit to the outlets, I wouldn't bother with the combo cables.. individual cables are going to be less expensive, and you retain more options in deciding what to install in a particular location.

Reply to
Bob Vaughan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.