What Model Do I Need

At our headquarters, we are putting in a dedicated network that will have 2 separate WAN circuits. One of the WAN circuits will serve as a private vpn to remote offices, the other will provide access to the public Internet. All remote offices will come through HQ to get to the Internet.

I have a cute little RV042 with two WAN ports that *almost* gets the job done. Problem is, I think NAT is causing some problems. Therefore, I am looking for a little more sophisticated router with 1 LAN and 2 LAN interfaces (all ethernet), that will provide a broader feature set, including the ability to access via CLI and apply NAT rules on each interface.

Can someone recommend a base model router that fits the above requirements?

Thank you

Reply to
Mark C
Loading thread data ...

Do you want to encrypt the "VPN". Not just sure what you mean. If it is a private link then only the paranoid (not saying that there is anything wrong with that:) encrypt the traffic too.

What throughput do you require simultaneously on each of the links? Do you know what your average packet size is? If not what is your traffic? do you do voice? How much? (Voice packets are small).

1800 series is sort of the place to start.

formatting link
to work without login, even though it is "partners" page.

I am pretty sure that there is a similar page that lists the crypto throughput but I can;t find it.

Here is *SOME* crypto throughput info but details are for the additional crypto offload modules.

Cisco VPN AIM performance

formatting link

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.