Tempering wireless alarms

I am considering a Visonic wireless alarm for my home. But I am worried a little about the possibilty of tampering such alarm with a special transmitter. Does someone know wheter systems like Visonic are protected against did?

Wim

Reply to
Wim J
Loading thread data ...

Almost higher end wireless systems have Tamper protection against being jammed. Remeber what you see in the movies is in the movies not realty when it comes to defeating an alarm

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

You mean you really can't defeat a window contact with a chewing gum wrapper???

| > Wim | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Maybe thats possible. And its good to consider this when installing an alarm system. But my question was about tampering the wireless part of an alarm system. Can that be done? Or is the system protected against it?

Wim

Reply to
Wim J

I was just thinking that I wonder if pauley got tired of playing here.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You can't "temper" with a supervised wireless alarm system. Visonic's transmitters are all supervised.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Wasn't that in a movie with Ice-T?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Eddie Murphy, Beverly Hills Cop... He used it to defeat window foil, then he opened the door??????????????????????????????????

Reply to
Russell Brill

Did Paul give up on us? :)

Someone with some knowledge of the design can both tamper, sniff and spoof most commercially available systems. What you have to ask is how LIKELY it would be that someone would actually take that route instead of using a smash-and-grab approach. I bet 99.99 percent of all burglars stay with the proven brute-force methods rather than trying to bypass the system. ...and I could probably add a nine or two more.

So for real-life, the built in supervision features in most systems are plenty good enough. For a Pentagon-class application you should consider alternatives.

Reply to
Anders

Eddie Murphy did that on a warehouse door in Beverly Hills Cop. js

Reply to
Carl Carlson

Yah...Eddie Murphy!

| >>

| >>

| >>

| >>

| >> | > Wim | >> | | >> | | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

His meds are probably working...finally.

| >> Wim | >

| >

| | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I heard that his meds never worked.

What happened was ..... he accidently swallowed some tin foil from his hat and that worked.

Reply to
Jim

Didn't he do that in the end of BHC2 and it set off the alarm?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The only time he did it was at the Gun Club (you're right, it was BHC2), one of the other Detectives tried it at a warehouse and set the alarm off...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.