WTB: DSC PC1575 Keypads

I am looking for 3 to 6+ of these keypads.

Please email me if you have any you want to sell. New or used is fine, as long as they work.

Thank you

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

Why not use 55xx keypads? They should work with that panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Jim, I believe Mark is right. The standard 1555 keypads will work with the old 1575 board. I found that out when I had trouble with a keypad on one of the three 1575 installations I had in service...."had", because I ripped them out and replaced them with the 1555 boards. I'll look and see what I have in my huge and growing stockpile of old boards and keypads....I just can't bring myself to throw out old equipment...you know...."just in case"....:)))

RHC

Why not use 55xx keypads? They should work with that panel

Reply to
tourman

Thanks...I had no idea.

Jim Rojas

tourman wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

They do list different keypads for the 1575 however the family is the same as the 1555 so I would think it'd work

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark, I believe the older keypad specifically designed for the 1575 (the one that looks like the standard 1550 keypad) will NOT work with the 1555. However, the newer 1555 keypads ARE backward compatible and will work with the 1575.

The 1575 seems to have been a transition panel halfway between the

1550 and the 1555 and (I believe) was only on sale for a very short period of time. It had the six user code limitation of the 1550 but the faster communication formats of the 1555.

RHC

Reply to
tourman

Yea I liked that panel and wish they'd have pushed it more to get rid of the

1550 earlier, that one came out about the same time they also put out the PC2525 2 almost stillborn panels
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.