Adding Ademco LYNXR Zone

I am having trouble adding some wireless zones to my Ademco LYNXR series home security system. I studied the manual, and I was able to add 4 zones, and I believe they are configured correctly. The system seems to recognize the new zones, but I am getting sporadic false alerts from some of the zones.

Another odd behaviour that I noticed is that when I reset the panel, all seems well. Then when I test one of the zones by opening a window, the system recognises that the window is open, but when I closed the window, the system does not recognize that the window was closed.

At first, I felt that I had not placed the magnet close enough to the transmitter, so I staged up a test platform, and placed the magnet exactly where it is meant to be placed, and the system does not recognise when the magnet returns to the "closed" position.

My second thought was that I am using old batteries in the transmitters, but I think that my system is set up to recognise when a battery is low.

My third thought is that I am using the wrong battery. I added an ADEMCO 5815 wireless transmitter, and used a 5899 battery. The 5899 box says that it can be used on a 5700 series as well. Maybe this is the reason that I am seeing issues.

So, based on all of that, I have 2 questions:

-Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this?

-ADT is the company who monitors my system, do I need to notify them when I add a zone?

Reply to
BFlaherty_2003
Loading thread data ...

After looking at my system again, it appears as though the transmitter that I was using has 2 zones, or loops. I was using the incorrect loop. When I changed to using the second loop, it seems to have started working better.

Reply to
BFlaherty_2003
5899 is the magnet and almost any magnet will work if it is strong/close enough to pull the switch. Yah..you probably programmed it for the wrong loop.

| > Another odd behaviour that I noticed is that when I reset the panel, | > all seems well. Then when I test one of the zones by opening a | > window, the system recognises that the window is open, but when I | > closed the window, the system does not recognize that the window was | > closed. | >

| > At first, I felt that I had not placed the magnet close enough to the | > transmitter, so I staged up a test platform, and placed the magnet | > exactly where it is meant to be placed, and the system does not | > recognise when the magnet returns to the "closed" position. | >

| > My second thought was that I am using old batteries in the | > transmitters, but I think that my system is set up to recognise when a | > battery is low. | >

| > My third thought is that I am using the wrong battery. I added an | > ADEMCO 5815 wireless transmitter, and used a 5899 battery. The 5899 | > box says that it can be used on a 5700 series as well. Maybe this is | > the reason that I am seeing issues. | >

| > So, based on all of that, I have 2 questions: | > -Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this? | > -ADT is the company who monitors my system, do I need to notify them | > when I add a zone? | | After looking at my system again, it appears as though the transmitter | that I was using has 2 zones, or loops. I was using the incorrect | loop. When I changed to using the second loop, it seems to have | started working better. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You need to notify ADT? Uhmmm Yah how would they know what zones they are unless you did?

and...you just voided your warranty by tampering with their programming...and probably messed up who knows whatelse in programming. You will probably end up paying for service call to finish fix/program/test your system now.

This is precisely why companies lock programming of their panels.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He must have been given advice on this forum that he could program it. I wonder -WHO- may be responsible?

Yep.

Yeah, 6321 is pretty hard to crack on an unlocked ADT LYNX!

If they really wanted to lock it, they would incorporate an algorithm that jives with the acct. number. They do not care about security, RMR+ long term contract is the game.

Reply to
Troll

I've never run into a locked ADT panel...but they do use different Installer Codes...big deal.

| >and...you just voided your warranty by tampering with their | >programming...and probably messed up who knows whatelse in programming. You | >will probably end up paying for service call to finish fix/program/test your | >system now. | >

| | Yep. | | >This is precisely why companies lock programming of their panels. | | Yeah, 6321 is pretty hard to crack on an unlocked ADT LYNX! | | If they really wanted to lock it, they would incorporate an algorithm | that jives with the acct. number. They do not care about security, | RMR+ long term contract is the game. | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have, the Ademco panels they use can have data fields locked, you can get in but can't change much

Reply to
Mark Leuck

oh those must be the few I ran across with "mystery" data fields (added or missing).

| >

| > | >and...you just voided your warranty by tampering with their | > | >programming...and probably messed up who knows whatelse in programming. | > You | > | >will probably end up paying for service call to finish fix/program/test | > your | > | >system now. | > | >

| > | | > | Yep. | > | | > | >This is precisely why companies lock programming of their panels. | > | | > | Yeah, 6321 is pretty hard to crack on an unlocked ADT LYNX! | > | | > | If they really wanted to lock it, they would incorporate an algorithm | > | that jives with the acct. number. They do not care about security, | > | RMR+ long term contract is the game. | > | | > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No not missing, it shows EE when you try accessing it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Eureka! Hoover, Dyson...

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.