Office Environment/ Personal alarms for each desk.....

I am looking to see if there is a readily available system that includes alarm buttons at each desk (maybe 10 total) to trigger some alarm to notify anyone else on staff to call security/911 if the front office deems that a person has entered and is going to cause trouble. Anyone heard of a system like that or does it have to be pieced together? Any help would be appreciated. Office staff will dial hospital security and 911, dont need autodialer. Just alarm and perhaps red flashing light?

Christy

Reply to
<32412
Loading thread data ...

buttons at each desk (maybe 10 total) to trigger

office deems that a person has entered and is going to

pieced together? Any help would be appreciated. Office

and perhaps red flashing light?

You'll probably want to locate the sounder and/or strobe (flashing light) in an office where an uninvited guest won't observe or hear it. Otherwise, an unpleasant situation might quickly deteriorate into a fight or worse.

There are numerous wireless and wired panic alarms available which can accomplish this. Since you're not dealing with a high-security requirement, even one of the "all-in-one" wireless solutions might work for you. Paradox, GE Security and Visonic all make popular versions of this type of basic system. There are several other brands but these are ones with which I'm more familiar. I also sell them online, but you can order something like these just about anywhere. I cater to DIYers. If you want something professionally installed let me know what city you're in and I may be able to refer you to a local firm. If you want to DIY, contact me directly and I'll be glad to assist.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nonsense! This is one of the simplest systems anyone could ask for. It's so easy even an alarm installer could handle it. (apologies to Geico). The poster needs a wireless alarm and 10 wireless panic buttons. There are several systems like that which can be installed in less than an hour. Programming would take another hour. It's a piece of cake.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

easy even an alarm installer could handle it.

buttons. There are several systems like that which

It's a piece of cake.

You're such and ass. You're so anxious to make a buck that you'd suggest to an end user, who doesn't have the least idea what a supervised device is, that he use a tinker toy wireless panic button. You don't even have the experience to know that especially, commercial systems like these lie unused, untested and ultimately forgotten about, and then when needed they don't work.

You are such an unethical two bit piece of crap. Anything for a buck.

The man needs to call in a professional alarm company and get an evaluation of the situation and have a hardwired and supervised, emergency alarm system installed.

Get a life. Ooooopps. Too late.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.