Re: Napco EZM Question...

I had this problem for a little while until I realized that one of the

> keypad expanders was turned on in a keypad that wasn't being used as an > expander, so it was overlapping the EZM address. >

I think my problem was using a laptop with a USB to Serial port converter to program the panel... I was able to correct the problem by remote downloading via phone line......... Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill
Loading thread data ...

Glad you got it taken care of. If your laptop only has USB ports (most new ones are that way), you might want to consider getting Napco's USB connector. It solves the problem of local downloads though the price is IMO a bit steep.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

I can never get a USB to Serial adapter to work with the DOS PC Loader, but the Windows version works.

Reply to
Total nerd

USB to Serials never work in DOS, cause USB is not supported in DOS. If you want to make it work in DOS good chance that a PCMCIA to serial will work.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Sokoly

That's odd -- I got my USB memory disk keychain device to work fine in DOS. I use it to backup all the time...

Reply to
Total nerd

Ick, DOS!

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.