New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

Wrong.

Nope. It belongs to the homeowner. This alarm company is dishonest.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

That's an old newsgroup tactic which is commonplace in ASA. Make an absurd assimption and then argue the merits as though it was a proven fact.

That is also a common thread in ASA.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

yep just like I said, badmouthing legit alarmcos with bad information. you haven't read standard alarm contract wording either lately have you. kinda like the RJ31X DSL filters that you knew nothing about. I'd be careful listening to this felon.

formatting link

Reply to
Picklesheimer

Gotta tell ya... his looks a WHOLE lot better than Guardian's, who have nearly 3 times the number of complaints and a larger percentage unresolved:

formatting link
And that's just the main PA branch. It looks like some of the local branches also have 30+ complaints. During the search, though, I found that there is literally a local dealer 5 minutes from here with no complaints that wasn't listed on their main web site. It might be worth popping in to see if it's a sales-type store or a monitoring location and get an answer once and for all. I imagine it's more likely they'll give me a straight answer than the phone peons from corporate I've been dealing with.

Reply to
jasonextras

The alarm company in question ripped off the homeowner. Sad that you think that qualifies them as "legit."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

All but a couple of the complaints against me were filed online by participants in this newsgroup. One guy actually said that he mailed $9,000 in cash. He cited an order number that could never be generated by our server. When I explained to the BBB they refused to remove it though they marked it as resolved because his email was bogus.

One guy from Waco filed more than a dozen of these bogus complaints. He was an installer -- not a customer of mine. The BBB will go to bat for merchants *if* they join. Otherwise, they're a hanging court.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You don't know that, do you?

The panel may have been disabled because the selling party failed to fulfill the contract, which is what I suspect. Why else would the panel have been disabled?

The alarm company has no obligation to the new homeowner, period.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

how'd they do that if they don't have and have never had a business relationship? now the previous homeowner might have ripped him off. but I don't expect the facts to alter your spiel. like I said you just badmouth legit alarmcos because you can't be one what with that unfortunate felony conviction and all.

Reply to
Picklesheimer

Certainly. It's Guardian. Any questions?

Nope. It's Guardian. They disabled it to force the home buyer to buy from them and they admitted it.

Except that it's Guardian. They've been very cvlear about it. They admit they did the wrong thing but they refuse to right it unless the victim signs on with them.

They did it to strong arm the new homeowner into paying them for monitoring.

They have a moral obligation since they tampered with it but clearly morality is not a motivating factor for them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

T%hey ripped off the prior owner. No one is claiming they ripped off the new owner. He's just another victim of their scam.

More likely the previous owner never knew what dirty tricks they were pulling on him and whoever would buy the house.

You've consistently ignored the facts which the victim posted here, repeatedly insisting on things which even the crooked alarm company says are not so.

Like I said, the alarm company in question is crooked. If you think their behavior qualifies them as legitimate, that's not my problem.

I held an alarm contractor's license for many years until I sold my company. I'm able to do more and make a better living running an online alarm and home automation store now than I possibly could by going back to your of work. I wish you much success in your end of the trade though I have no desire to go back to it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Complete bullshit...

You are a convicted felon, and you have been caught lying on this newsgroup more times than I can keep track of. This is but another lie. You have ZERO credibility - and everyone here knows it.

You should f*ck right off and die, not because you have cancer and look like a waddling dildo - but because you are a disgrace to mankind.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Fuck off, liar.

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

Awe, c'mon. You can do better than that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert L Bass wrote: I'm able to do

you have no idea what I do so save your speculation for something you do know about

Reply to
Picklesheimer

I was comparing to what I did earlier -- not whatever you do. That's no concern to me.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well there goes "I don't want to fight".. hmmm?

It's on bro..

Reply to
"Fat Tony" D'Amico

Robert L Bass lied:

directly copied from your previous speculation that you attempted to lie out of without quoting:

"Robert L Bass wrote: I'm able to do > more and make a better living running an > online alarm and home automation store now > than I possibly could by going back to your > of work. I wish you much success in your end > of the trade though I have no desire to go back > to it."

Keep on with the lies

like I said you have no idea what I do.

Reply to
Picklesheimer

Naah. I'm not fighting. You are. I'm just having fun watching you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That sentence should have read "your line of work." It referred to when I installed and serviced alarms.

I assume you install or sell alarms. If so, what I said applies. I'd never go back to that line of work. I make a better living now and have more fun doing it than I did then. Happy?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.