Napco CCI-8DD intermittent problem

I have a ~ 20 year old Napco CCI-8DD alarm system in my home. Recently, it's been having an intermittent problem every 2 weeks or so.

With the system on but not alarmed, the control panel(s) will start to beep and flash the red, yellow & green lights in a random pattern for a short while, then go back to normal. The alarm never triggers (i.e.: the siren doesn't sound). During this time, the control panel won't respond to any buttons.

I've checked the battery and the AC supply and both seem to be powering the system. I can see no loose wires. I replaced the battery about 1 year ago.

Any suggestions as to what to look for or do next?

Thanks, DaveB

Reply to
DaveB
Loading thread data ...

Actually, now that I watch it carefully, it seems to be spontaneously arming and disarming itself. Sometimes switching so quickly that the beep is cut short.

Reply to
DaveB

Look for a newer System- 20 Years Old? CCI's are as old as Alarminex, and just like him, you probably can't get parts! LOL

Reply to
secure15
86 it..time for new system.

| > With the system on but not alarmed, the control panel(s) will start to | > beep and flash the red, yellow & green lights in a random pattern for a | > short while, then go back to normal. The alarm never triggers (i.e.: | > the siren doesn't sound). During this time, the control panel won't | > respond to any buttons. | | Actually, now that I watch it carefully, it seems to be spontaneously | arming and disarming itself. Sometimes switching so quickly that the | beep is cut short. | | > I've checked the battery and the AC supply and both seem to be powering | > the system. I can see no loose wires. I replaced the battery about 1 | > year ago. | >

| > Any suggestions as to what to look for or do next? | >

| > Thanks, | > DaveB |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think you might have a RF interference problem there. Those panels had issues with RF, especially near AM radio towers.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Oh YEAH!

Well you just wait and see if you feel the same way about it when you get to be 20 years old.

Reply to
Jim

Jim, you are the MAN- err Maybe the "OLD MAN"! LOL The Best to You! Mike

Reply to
secure15

Change the system battery. If that doesn't solve the problem, you'll have a new battery on hand for your new system. Not much that goes wrong with that unit. Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.