PC1553 Home Security System Problem

All,

I have a PC1553 home security system with a wireless module installed. Last night, the alarm went off, and I was unable to disarm the alarm by entering my code. All I saw was the system light. When I entered my code, sometimes the panel would give the normal "beep" when pressing buttons, and sometimes it did not. I resorted to unplugging the transformer from the wall. This morning, I plugged it back in, and I can see the system light illuminated, and I hear a long beep about once every couple of seconds. I tried pressing *2, but no lights illuminate. If I open any of the contacts the alarm goes off.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? The board was replaced about a year ago.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
lagman
Loading thread data ...

Do you mean a DSC brand PC1555? Or a DSC brand PC 1555MX?

Reply to
Roland

Sorry.. It is the DSC PC 1555MX

Reply to
lagman

Reply to
Roland Moore

I figured it out. It was my own fault. I have a data interface module, and two of the wires going into it got crossed. Thanks anyway for the help!

Dan

Reply to
lagman

As long as I have been in this business you'd think I'd have figured out a way to catch those wires moving around on the terminals by themselves. Maybe a camera trained on the terminal strip set to record on motion? I know if I could catch those wires in the act I could figure out a foolproof way to lock them down.

Reply to
Roland

Hahahahaha. Yea. It's not rocket science tho. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.