Napco 1000 panel

Does anyone have the programming sheets for a Napco 1000 panel they could e mail to me ? Also, any comments about this old bird by anyone familiar with it !!

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell
Loading thread data ...

Really small panel with not much capability, but it just keeps on ticken.

You can program it in 10 minutes, maybe 15 the first time. Watch out for the load on the bell output, it's pretty limited, especially the early panels. No more than one speaker. I used piezo siren to get past it. I've had some of these panels out for almost 10 years now. Did a hundred or so of them for a builder. Had problems with a few but nothing that would indicate a common flaw. Some of the newer ones required a resistor (2.2 K) across the bell output to stop self contained sirens from putting out a very low buzz. If you're using a siren driver and speaker, no problem.

Can't think of anything else.

Reply to
Jim

What do I look like, chopped liver? You know I have all the manuals... :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

He knows, Jim... He's "Canadian". They're different. They don't ask for anything. They purchased "near new" submarines from GB. Did they ask for a manual?? I'll bet *you* have one!!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

. New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. . Canadians plant gardens.

40° Fahrenheit (4.4° C)

. Californians shiver uncontrollably. . Canadians Sunbathe.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

. Italian Cars won't start . Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

. Distilled water freezes . Canadian water get thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

. New York City landlords finally turn on the heat. . Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40° Fahrenheit (-40° C)

. Hollywood disintegrates. . Canadians rent some videos.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

. Mt. St. Helens freezes. . Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

. Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. . Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

. Ethyl alcohol Freezes. . Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

. Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops. . Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

. Hell freezes over. . The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

They should have RTFM before getting behind the wheel, dumb arses somehow managed to set a perfectly restored sub on fire on the drive home.

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

LMAO Priceless! js

Reply to
alarman

It also resulted in the death of one of the sailors. Sad, really. They still haven't replaced all the Sea Kings either... Those were purchased from the US. A number of the CF-18's have had to be prematurely retired as well because of cracks in the rudders. It seems we just keep buying junk... and there's a lot of countries out there willing to sell it to us... Where's the BBB when you need it??

Reply to
Frank Olson

I didn't know a Canadian Sailor had lost his life in the fire, that is sad.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

No, you aint ...;))) I got your email, but the attachment was too large. However, Allan W sent it to me and I got it Ok for some reason from him.

Thanks to Jim Rojas, Jim (alarminex), Frank, and the others who responded. BTW, what is it with all you guys and your anti- Canadian comments. I know we probably deserve it with that idiot Prime Minister of ours and his stupid electioneering. But don't judge us all by that fool.

This twit has declared he's going to get "handguns off our street" by making legal ownership a criminal offence (no kidding). He's going to ban private ownership, and force us (me) to sell my handguns back to the government, as if taking my guns is somehow going to stop smuggling. Talk about shifting the blame for inaction on something they were told would happen 30 years ago.

If I don't comply, there's a 10 year prison sentence awaiting me. I wonder if they have internet access in prison....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Jim it took me 5 minute to start to breath normally after reading the last one...You made my day!!!

and by the way

Go Habs GO!!!

"Jim Rojas" a écrit dans le message de news: s7Onf.16447$OK6.12527@trnddc03...

Reply to
petem

Reminds me of Nazi Germany. I wonder how much of this we are going to tolerate. First you register the guns, then you confiscate them. You watch these Liberal bastards spin now... they'll somehow bring the NRA in to this, mark my words. Sleazebags. It's about time we give the West a chance to run this f****ng country but still I see the same retards putting up the same lawnsigns for the same crooks. We deserve what we get.

Reply to
mikey

Reply to
mikey

Yeah, once again, we see a classic case of political pandering on the part of the current Liberal government !! This government is so desperate for solutions, they actually believe the banning of legally owned and registered handguns will solve the problem of Toronto gun violence. Do something; do anything; but DO something seems to be the politically expedient approach to dealing with the problem. Sounds familiar; they used the same dishonest approach to sell the long gun registry ! But by going to this extreme, they are also shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended). If they ever wanted more than token compliance with the long gun registry, proving once and for all that registration TRULY does lead to confiscation, is no way to encourage ordinary Canadians to register their long guns...

It also seems to escape these moral simpletons that the 250,000 highly regulated owners of some one half million legal handguns are NOT and NEVER will be any kind of problem. But they certainly are an easy target, and convenient political fodder to use to appease the urban masses in metro centres during an election campaign. Rather than deal with the very real source of illegal firearms coming through such places as the Ackwesasne indian reservation at Cornwall, Ontario, and the difficult political fallout from that approach, they simply choose to shift the problem to an easier and far safer target. The Liberal government was told 30 years ago by various organizations that this problem would eventually happen if they didn't start to deal with the real issue of smuggled firearms, but chose to turn a blind eye even back then (I myself testified at a Parliamentary subcommittee on the subject back in the early '80's and that testimony is a matter of public record in Hansard). And by refusing to allow Canadian border guards to be armed, they are ensuring that no one who appears threatening, and who may well be armed, will ever be stopped as they should be.

Nothwithstanding the fact that the confiscation of legally owned private property with no or woefully inadequate compensation is morally reprehensible, they also plan as well to dedicate more police forces to ensuring compliance with the ban (the number they're kicking around is about

200 officers...) So a large number otherwise legal and honest handgun owners who for reasons of civil disobedience choose not to allow their guns to be stolen by the government will be put in the uncomfortable position of confrontation with those same police agencies which they so long have supported and worked with. So if for reasons of civil disobedience, some owners choose not to give up their sidearms, what can we expect...a visit from your local friendly SWAT team ?? What a waste of police resources !!

The Liberal government has proven they are not only morally corrupt, but also intellectually and creatively bankrupt !! They are one bloody sad bunch ! And the other parties see little wrong with this approach, or if they do, don't have the integrity to say it like it is....

Cripes, some times I am ashamed to be a Canadian ! While I remain strongly opposed to capital punishment, I'm beginning to think it really should be brought back for politicians who betray the trust we put in them..

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Yup.

Reply to
Frank Olson

They kin take mah guns, but they shore as heck ain't gonna take mah claymores and land mines!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bob,

Although JR has probably already sent you the manuals, Napco will also give you a username and password if you ask. They have most of their manuals in PDF. You can also download Napco software from their website if you like.

Their toll free line is 1-800-645-9445. I don't know if it works for Canada. If not, try 631-842-9400. Ask for Mark Richards (he's the only Canadian rep I can think of off-hand).

If you ever run into a problem with a Napco system give me a shout. I've installed tons of them.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Thanks !

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.