System Sensor/DSC problem

Sometimes when wierd things happen like that on a panel, where the siren seems to be "squealing" at a low voluem continuously, the noise can be muted by putting a 1K Ohm resistor across the siren output leads....

Worth a try !

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell
Loading thread data ...

I am using a SS Mini-alert sounder PA400 series as an inside siren for a DSC

5010. When I hook it up, it emits a high tone pitch while not in alarm. I have used this same siren with a DSC 155mx and have had no trouble. This is the second panel that it has happend on. Could anybody help me?
Reply to
Jimmy Dale Reeves

The panel maintains a low voltage output across the alarm output terminals in order to supervise the wiring to the siren. Install a 1000 Ohm resistor across the terminals to sink the voltage and the siren will remain quiet until an alarm is triggered.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'll add one little thing. If you want to supervise the wiring to the siren, put the 1000 ohm resistor across the leads *at the siren* (and not at the panel).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank, the panels I use (DSC and Paradox) supervise the siren loop as a normal course of action. I'm curious, how does adding the resistor assist matters (other than for the example problem being discussed....)

RHC

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

In this particular example, the OP wants to kill the sound coming from the siren (caused by the supervisory voltage across the leads). You mentioned adding the 1000 ohm resistor across the siren output. If you do that at the panel, you're losing supervision of the siren. If you put the resistor *at the siren*, you maintain supervision of the wire between the panel and the siren.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ok, thanks...would seem to make sense....

RHC

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.