oh no..not a Moose Z1100

I'll save it just for you Mark, I know how much you need boat anchors.

The client has TWO...one that doesn't work after he quit service with Pro 1 and another spare one. Sheesh you'd think one was enough. Both straight

1100's dang.

Gonna end up replacing this puppy I know.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

The e's weren't toooo bad.

| > The client has TWO...one that doesn't work after he quit service with Pro | > 1 | > and another spare one. Sheesh you'd think one was enough. Both straight | > 1100's dang. | >

| > Gonna end up replacing this puppy I know. | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Bob La Londe will need the boat anchor

However if you want to send it my way you can, I need to take pictures of it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The e is much easier to program than the standard 1100, if you lost your place on the standard 1100 you had to exit and get back in.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'll know in the morning...and I'm bringing my camera and a shovel.

| > The client has TWO...one that doesn't work after he quit service with Pro | 1 | > and another spare one. Sheesh you'd think one was enough. Both straight | > 1100's dang. | >

| > Gonna end up replacing this puppy I know. | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you get any emails from a guy named Alarman pay no attention, he is paid by GE to say nice things about Moose panels

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ha!

The only thing wrong with this system was someone turned off the **STUPID** ON/OFF button in the panel...and the battery was old. Replaced battery, flipped the switch to ON, tested system...ok. It did have a 3 MINUTE exit time so the client was probably confused by it not going off when he tested it himself. So I charged him 35 bucks for the battery and an armload of tangelos and other assorted citrus fruit from his backyard and off we went.

Didn't have the heart to sell him a new system when his existing boat anchor was working fine.

The guy did try to sell ME his bass boat though.

| >

| > | > The client has TWO...one that doesn't work after he quit service with | > Pro | > | 1 | > | > and another spare one. Sheesh you'd think one was enough. Both | straight | > | > 1100's dang. | > | >

| > | > Gonna end up replacing this puppy I know. | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I miss the on/off switch on the old Moose panels, I think it's a great feature. I also like the fact that the panel is separate from the terminal strips making panel swaps a breeze.

Reply to
West Alarm

Yep removable terminal strips was a good idea....the on/off switch I didn't like.

**STUPID** | >ON/OFF button in the panel... | | | I miss the on/off switch on the old Moose panels, I think it's a great | feature. I also like the fact that the panel is separate from the | terminal strips making panel swaps a breeze. |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

**TOP POSTING FIXED**

Why didn't you like the on/off switch? I thought is was great when adding new powered components, there was no need to pull a leg off the AC terminals and risk blowing the x-former or conversely risk a fuse blow whist powering the new device.

Reply to
West Alarm

I always liked how the keypad became sluggish and unresponsive when the system was in alarm, used to be that way with all Z1100 varients which is why I always started by teaching the customer

"The * key is your best friend"

(Moose people will understand)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I liked those features too. The panel swaps were few and far between, though. That panel was bullet proof. js

Reply to
alarman

Yup. That was a major headache. (And still is.) js

Reply to
alarman

Yep, it was a good panel alright. A nice big solid can came with it too. I don't know why ole Wade let it go.... Well, yes I do. He builds quality, and dealers were just starting the bullshit free installs at that time. Why install a quality panel for free when all you care about is RMR? Hmmfft.. No one wanted a solid panel, everyone wanted cheap shit.

Now...

What about my question regarding BNC fittings?

Reply to
West Alarm

Bottom posting is a pain.

I didn't like the switch because the homeowner can just turn off the panel - like he did. Oh yeah the on/off switch!...yeah I guess I did turn it off..is that what it was?

| >

| | | **TOP POSTING FIXED** | | >Yep removable terminal strips was a good idea....the on/off switch I didn't | >like. | | | Why didn't you like the on/off switch? I thought is was great when | adding new powered components, there was no need to pull a leg off the | AC terminals and risk blowing the x-former or conversely risk a fuse | blow whist powering the new device. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

lol.. TOP POSING FIXED AGAIN.. lol

let me help you:

formatting link

That's why Wade gave you a lock with the panel!

Reply to
West Alarm

Well yea but so is a lead brick

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thats bull, those panels were far more expensive to create than the competition, this was long before the "free" systems.

Sorry I don't do video

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You know I'm suprised a certain person in this newsgroup didn't mention that in all his supposed conversations to Wade

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.