Master password

I downloaded Napco quickloader 5.0 from somewhere on the web last summer (a link from either this newsgroup or the web to a Napco site). The master password cannot be added or created. I tried Napco, napco, pass, password, "no password at all", but keep on getting the message "Password was not accepted". I even uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but still no access. Could this have not been an original, and rezipped by someone, who reset the master password? I also noticed that the MA1008LKDL was not listed in this version (will the MA1008E panel be the same), or do I have to find an older version of the PCI2000 software that the manual states is necessary for the downloading?

Reply to
jabrams4
Loading thread data ...

Get the password from Napco, or the software from a legitimate source. Hey Bass-- How about posting YOUR Napco password?

Reply to
G. Morgan

There is a version of the download software available from the Napco site, however for some reason the most current software version is only available via US mail from Napco. That version is supposed to support the old version panels with an 'E' suffix. The old PCD 2000 is a DOS version you'll have to use with all the rest.

That is not the default password unless you made it that. Perhaps someone may give you the default master password that posts here. If you did change the master password, and if you're having the master password problem, you probably have another "instance" of MSDE running somewhere on the computer you're using to download the panels.

Reply to
Roland

The downloadable file on Napco's server is version 5.41. The only Magnum Alert series panels supported are the MA-1000e, MA-3000 and the MA-1008e.

The OP should remove the Quickloadr program completely from his PC. Then reinstall it from scratch. Select "Master" as the user name and an arbitrary master code.

NOTE: It is important NOT to use the master code for day-to-day work using the Quickloader program. In the unfortunate event that you inadvertently exit the program without first closing any open file and logging off, you will not be able to get back in using the same user name that was last used. If that happens to be the master user you're totally leucked. You will not be able to access the software or your saved files.

For this reason you should first go into "File... Dealer Settings..." and set up one or more "Operators". After setting up the communications parameters log out and then log back in as one of the named Operators to start working on an "account" (Napco calls a configuration file an "account").

Reply to
Robert L Bass

series panels supported are the MA-1000e, MA-3000

reinstall it from scratch. Select "Master" as the user

Quickloader program. In the unfortunate event that

logging off, you will not be able to get back in using

you're totally leucked. You will not be able to

up one or more "Operators". After setting up the

Operators to start working on an "account" (Napco calls a

Hey Roland....

See how he used your post for his own selfish means?

First.... He said something about a downloadable file -- notice there were no download credentials available. He only will post Honeywell or GE because they are not uniquely identifiable. Why didn't he post the Napco software link?

Second: he posted a default PW for dealer SW ... not that big a deal

Third: He managed to get a 'slam' at an ASA regular, Mark Leuck.

Then> He offers useless information that anyone that possess the software would already know...

To make it personal --->>>>>

THIS WAS A DIRECT RESPONSE TO YOU!!!!

He knows you're ignoring him and it pisses him off!!!

What say you? Make it good, as I know you will. Tell the prick why you're not responding to him right here... you're responding to me.. I want to know too (again)! ..

Reply to
G. Morgan

In this case Bass is right. Napco finally did post the latest 5.41 version of their software sometime on or after the 8th of December. Since I don't check the Napco site that often I didn't notice and thought they still had the old version up there. In any case telling the guy it's there won't help him unless Bass emailed a Napco login to him (or the whole file somehow). Bass says he lets his customers use Quickloader software so he must have a technique to get it to them.

I figured he would "help" the guy out. With as much experience as Bass has with this Quickloader thing, I thought he would tell the guy how to use a SQL editor and give him a script to straighten out the database password thing. Perhaps reloading the software will fix the problem as Bass suggests. You've probably had to use a SQL editor to straighten out a few database bugs on some DVR unit, or a screwed up access control database at least a time or two. I guessed there was a similar type work around for the Quickloader thing that Bass would know, especially since he knew the problem.

To be fair other posters seldom miss a chance to get at Bass either. I think in some twisted way both sides like it too much to stop.

I don't know Bass and he doesn't know me. I couldn't take anything he says here as a direct response to me, even if that is how he meant it. I know he is having some medical issues. I hope he beats it. Until he blows the all clear on that front I am going to leave him alone. Bass seems to me to be an expert gadfly. I believe he could make a saint curse. If he thinks I am ignoring him out of slight and not concern for him as a fellow human being and takes offense at it then so be it. Besides if I get into it about something it won't really ever do anything but perhaps entertain others here who truly seem to dislike him. Once that starts some folks seem to want to go off the deep end with their Bass attacks into ones that are too chilling and disturbed in my view. But some folks like reading about someone's delight in a gaggle of buzzards taking turns giving Bass' corpse a maggot c*ck enema, or worse (if that's even possible), so don't let me try to stop anyone. I don't like to read those and so I don't want to provoke that. I wonder if by this time next year if Bass isn't here to annoy the crap out of them if they will be as happy about that as they claim they'll be. I don't think so. Someone would be tempted to go dig him up and put a web cam on the remains just to argue about an accurate count of the number of parasitoid wasps, parasitoid beetles and predatory flies that are eating all the other stuff crawling on him, like angels dancing on the head of a pin. Once that gets old, next up would be to install a two way speakphone on the web cam. Then you'd hear "I got my eye on you Bass." "Wait where are yours?" "Oh I see it." "Look, it fell out and rolled over by your left hand." "Try and give that old prune eye a turn this way." "Come on Bass, look at me when I am talking to you" "What's the matter Bass?" "Cat got your tongue?" "No, sorry, a vulture and a coyote are fighting over it; looks like the cat just ate your left nut.". So I don't think it this stuff will ever end, even when Bass is gone.

It is the Christmas season after all. I am going to try to enjoy it. Try the link below and see if that doesn't help put you in the spirit of Christmas. It did for me. At least I got a good laugh. After a year like this one who couldn't use a laugh?

formatting link

"G. Morgan" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

You're wrong. Whether anyone will admit it or not, I know that everyone is looking forward to the peace and quite.

Reply to
Jim

Alert series panels supported are the MA-1000e, MA-3000

And the 1016E

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Which oddly doesn't seem to involve posting a login to Napco's site.

Uh no you can't fix it with an SQL editor

I could care less if he slams me, he was wrong about the subject at hand and couldn't admit it. Unlike others here I don't get personal

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm always right. It's just that sometimes I'm more right than others. :^)

Apparently they were working on the site since most of the files were unavailable for a few days. Once they finished all was working again. Nonetheless, I liked their old website much better than the current version.

Yep, and it's a perfectly lawful one.

It's common knowlegde. In fact, the PDF instruction file and the Readme file are available all over the WWW.

I don't know how to do that or I'd share it with all of you (unlike my friend from Tampa) as well as anyone else who needed it. IMO the problem is a flaw in the SW but since Napco didn't hire me to write their SW they can fix it themselves.

It does and if one uses the same master password the data files will be readable. But reloading and reconfiguring the SW is a pain. I try to warn people so they can avoid problems.

Not likely. Most of these guys don't know what SQL is.

Nope. I know the problem and I know how to avoid it but I don't have a handy fix.

Kicks and giggles, right?

I hadn't given it any thought. You don't post trash so I try to treat you with respect. You can ignore that or not. Either way I have no bone to pick with you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Everyone here including Bass will each get their turn at everlasting peace and quiet. How it does, when it does and under what conditions it does come are the only variables. I don't have any special knowledge of a hereafter, but you might want Bass to stick around for purely selfish reasons. You seem to know the negative side of Bass perhaps better than Bass himself does. If you end up in the same spot ultimately, do you want to give him that much of a challenge, opportunity and head start to get a special welcome ready for you? In my friend's recent passing he in his last moment's (in a coma) sat up and shouted to someone (no one else in the room could see) "I am good to go". As you depart the planet you may see, as many other have reported seeing, certain visions. Perhaps it will be a light you vision, whether heavenly in nature or perhaps more like a blast furnace door, either way Bass could be there saying "I've been waiting for you!" And to your loved ones still on earth your last words they hear you say would be "Bass? Is that you?"

Reply to
Roland Moore

Actually, I'm expecting a continual party in the hereafter. Meanwhiile, I'm preparing for that by partying all the time in the here and now. :^)

My father used to say he wanted to die at the age of 99... shot by a jealous husband.

Naah. He's never even met me. Jiminex is just a nasty old man with a hateful demeanor, spending his time ranting and raving in Usenet because he has no friends and no life in the real world.

Heh, heh, heh. What a thought! In point of fact, I haven't the time, energy or inclination to do anything now or in the hereafter to harm old Jiminex. He's doing everything he can to seal his own fate without any assistance from me. Can you imagine anyone as hateful and vicious as he actually expecting to make it into heaven? How truly sad.

A favorite aunt passed last year at age 87. She always said she was ready to go any time, but a few days before she dies she confided to me that she was not ready at all. I tried to share the Truth with her many times but she never would listen. And now she's gone.

As humorous as that sounds, I really wouldn't spend the effort trying to hurt him. He's doing a fine job of that all by himself.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

When you're dead, you're dead.

But I can say that if I had the opportunity, I might consider using my last breath to spit in his face.

There's no magic or mystery about dying.

Deitys are created in the minds of men to releive them of taking the responsibilty for their own lives and deeds.

When I die, the world comes to an end. That's all that's important. I'm the most important person that ever existed and ever will. While I'm here, I take care of those that are important to me. When I'm gone they're on their own.

As a professor I had, once told me ... "Don't eminitize the eschaton" ( I dare you to look up the meaning of that quote!)

Reply to
Jim

I can not parse that sentence, let alone that concept.

I saw that movie also. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Ricardo Montalbán character's last words to William Shatner's Kirk. A little too over the top for this place I am afraid. Not a big enough audience. It still has some shock value to newcomers I suspect, but not much to those that have read your other posts.

Do tell? You've figured this all out? It is generous of you to keep it to yourself. Just think of the scholars, poets, theologians, politicians, physicians, and mystics that you would "put out of business" so to speak with your special knowledge and understanding.

That is a "chicken and egg" type question and answer because you don't account for the origin and structure of that mind. Whether that mind was created or evolved, the mechanism and purpose for the genesis of that nearly universal concept of a deity formed in that mind is somehow missing in your statement.

You must be every life insurance salesman's worst nightmare. On the other hand, by adopting that level of pathological narcissism you are a psychiatrist's dream.

Okay, I took the dare, and here it is.

Eric Voegelin's 1952 book, The New Science of Politics Young Americans for Freedom wore badges blazoned with the slogan "Don't Immanentize the Eschaton" eschaton = end of the world, end of time, climax of history eschatological = any system of doctrines concerning last, or final, matters, as death, the Judgment, the future state, etc. eminitize = variant of (or misspelling) of Immanentize Immanentist = the belief that the Deity indwells and operates directly within the universe or nature

Immanentize means to make part of the here and now. Eschaton, like eschatology, relates to the branch of theology which deals with humanity's destiny.

To immanentize something is to draw it in closely, to make it a part of one's immediate, subjective consciousness and experience. The eschaton is our ultimate destination, the final end toward which our lives are ordinated. Affirming an insight that lies at the core of classical Greek philosophy as well as Judaism and Christianity (the three streams of what Voegelin terms "the Mediterranean tradition"), Voegelin views the yearning for transcendence, the restlessness for a world better and higher than this world, as a universal and empirically self-evident component of human personhood, nothing less than a fundamental part of who we are.

Consequently, to immanentize the eschaton is to commit a basic error in self-understanding. It is to assume wrongly that human aspiration and destiny are coterminous with the natural world. It is to assume wrongly that metaphysical questions, which are life's core questions, either do not exist at all, or can be rationally investigated only through the methods of physics, which in practice tends to be another way of defining such questions as unanswerable and therefore irrelevant. In sum, to immanentize the eschaton is to assume wrongly that ultimate reality, of which God is the final measure, is instead some form of this-world reality, of which man is presumed to be the final measure.

And this professor you quoted; you were his favorite student? Perhaps your professor should have at least taught the correct spelling of Immanentize (eminitize)? Or was he (or you) trying to be cryptic?

I think you're trying to say you know something the rest of us don't, or you've experienced something the rest of us have not. Please bring forth your enlightenment like the living verdure mighty one, as your mind delivers the living verdure, like circinate vernation in the fullness of time. We wait, for we know your sagacity slays our inadequate bourgeois understanding of all that has ever been, or all that will ever be. Truly you are the Alpha and Omega! Archen te kai teleuten kai mesa ton onton apanton echon.

No wait, you're just a bitter sad sack that loves spitting venomous words as well as sophomoric bromides. .

Reply to
Roland Moore

Roland has come to the same conclusion about Jiminex as every other thinking person.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nice response.

| > Roland Moore wrote: | >> Everyone here including Bass will each get their turn at everlasting | >> peace | >> and quiet. | >> How it does, when it does and under what conditions it does come are the | >> only variables. I don't have any special knowledge of a hereafter, but | >> you | >> might want Bass to stick around for purely selfish reasons. You seem to | >> know | >> the negative side of Bass perhaps better than Bass himself does. If you | >> end | >> up in the same spot ultimately, do you want to give him that much of a | >> challenge, opportunity and head start to get a special welcome ready for | >> you? In my friend's recent passing he in his last moment's (in a coma) | >> sat | >> up and shouted to someone (no one else in the room could see) "I am good | >> to | >> go". As you depart the planet you may see, as many other have reported | >> seeing, certain visions. Perhaps it will be a light you vision, whether | >> heavenly in nature or perhaps more like a blast furnace door, either way | >> Bass could be there saying "I've been waiting for you!" And to your loved | >> ones still on earth your last words they hear you say would be "Bass? Is | >> that you?" | >>

| >>

| >

| > When you're dead, you're dead. | >

| > But I can say that if I had the opportunity, I might consider using my | > last breath to spit in his face. | >

| > There's no magic or mystery about dying. | >

| > Deitys are created in the minds of men to releive them of taking the | > responsibilty for their own lives and deeds. | >

| > When I die, the world comes to an end. That's all that's important. I'm | > the most important person that ever existed and ever will. While I'm | > here, I take care of those that are important to me. When I'm gone | > they're on their own. | >

| > As a professor I had, once told me ... "Don't eminitize the | > eschaton" | > ( I dare you to look up the meaning of that quote!) | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ok, dead man, why don't you tell us how you feel about the conclusion he and the other participants in ASA have made about you? OK now, hold that thought.

See how it makes you want to change what you do here? What's that? You say you don't feel any different? Tut tut.

So sad that you've brought this on yourself. Isn't it a shame that you've got to spend your few remaining days, getting all of the shit you've spewed in Usenet, through the years, thrown back in your pale dying face.

And Oh yes ...... have a nice day ..... I know you've got to be thinking that they're getting quite scarce.

Reply to
Jim

he Internet, copy them and then post them and make it appear that I know wh= at I'm talking about. That's pretty amazing. But then, again, I did dare yo= u, didn't I? Except for the fact that you added a little of your opinion in= there that's a pretty good brief explanation of the subject. I hadn't read= anything on it for a lot of years and it didn't occur to me to brush up on= the subject first. I didn't think it was as important as you apparently di= d=2E But then again, you were the one who brought up the subject of having = visions and the magic about the hereafter.

Well anyway, I think it only proper that rather than waxing philosophical in this quagmire of ASA, that we instead not ponder the differences of your world of shamans ghosts and and magic and mine of pacticality. Neither of us has any proof one way or the other. Just as you, I can only have faith that I'm right. And also we'll get into that old problem of discussing politics or religion in a mixed group.

As far as venomous words, you've hit it on the head again. And there's not a f****ng thing you can do about it. So .... in short, ( to quote the dead guy) If you don't like it, there's nothing you can do about it. You don't have any say of what happens here. You can filter me, or leave, or not. Lacking Bass' attitude about his own abhorrant conduct here, there would be no reason for me to take a similar stand .=2E......and that's a pretty sad state of affairs now, isn't it. But, considering that fact that if no one opposed his conduct, it would appear that what he does here, is OK. It isn't and it never will be. Shortly, when he's gone, both what he's done and what I've done will be forgotten. But he'll still be gone. And that's all that counts.

Bass is and has been a f****ng arrogant son of a bitch for years and there's nothing that you can say that will change that. He's ruined this group and others for years along with insulting and ridiculing anyone who doesn't agree with him. He's a nasty vindictive asshole and deserves exactly what's happened to him. Some things just happen for the better. I hope the cocksucker dies a miserable f****ng death and burns for eternity in that hell you've created. In this case, I could only hope there was one, just for his sake. Unfortunately he'll only get to die. But I can I can have hope it's sooner rather than later.

Oh and uhhh ....

No hard feelings ..... or not.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.