Napco Quickloader

Anyone knows if PCI2000 with Napco's 14.4 data/fax modem v.32bis will work with Quickloader v 5.6.3? Trying to set up modem's com port and pci2000's port but at modem settings tab nothing happens when i do pci2000 port test. I've got no experience with napco's software. The connections between modem --> pci2000 --> pc are correct. Anyone's help with the set-up will appreciate it! Thanks in advance and with a small delay happy new year to all!

regards,

Spyros

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

I have always run it with a practical peripherals 1200 modem do not know if faster modems will work or not should be a help file which will tell you which ones are compatible.Which seems to be a big issue with most download programs

Reply to
nick markowitz

Why not use the latest version of Napco Quickloader for Windows that is 6.0?

formatting link
you set up the software you have to set the com port for the PCI 2000 and well as the com port for the modem itself. It will even ask you if the PCI 2000 is "clicking" to confirm it is set up properly. In the end all a PCI 2000 does is keep the phone line "off hook" during communications with the panel. If you put a regular phone on the same line and leave that phone off hook it will do the same thing as the PCI 2000.

Anyone knows if PCI2000 with Napco's 14.4 data/fax modem v.32bis will work with Quickloader v 5.6.3? Trying to set up modem's com port and pci2000's port but at modem settings tab nothing happens when i do pci2000 port test. I've got no experience with napco's software. The connections between modem --> pci2000 --> pc are correct. Anyone's help with the set-up will appreciate it! Thanks in advance and with a small delay happy new year to all!

regards,

Spyros

Reply to
Just Looking

I have a Cardinal 2400 that works fine with it. See if there is a modem list file (modems.txt I think) in the directory. Used to be with the DOS software.

Your PCI 2000 should click. If not you have something hinky.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hi Spyros,

I don't use the Napco modem, I use a Cardinal internal modem. And, I set this modem up so many years ago, I don't even remember a thing about it. However, I do remember that setting up the modem was relatively simple to do. As suggested by "Just Looking" don't even try to use the PCI2000, all you have to do is plug in a regular telephone handset on to the phone line you are using for downloading and when you start your downloading process, take the receiver of the telephone off the hook and leave it off hook all the while you are downloading. That will keep the telephone line open when there is no activity going on, so that the panel/Quickloader doesn't hang up and end the call. That's all the PCI2000 does.

Once you make the connection, the Quickloader program is pretty self explanatory. You should practice by setting up a few sample accounts and read the auto help files. It took me about two or three hours to learn all I needed to know about it. It's not that difficult.

Reply to
Jim

Thanks for the info. I didnt knew that pci2000 kept line open. I'll try again with other modems i have and if i've got problem i'll ask you again. I'll try with us robotics sporster 14400 that works fine with other DL softwares and with ademco compass 2400.

Reply to
proguard

US robotics sportster 33600 works very well but i get this respond while trying to dl on the bench an xp400

modem has connected obtaining panel type communication retry - continuing (X5 times) ok modem communication completed panel did not respond in time

please check: cables pci2000 operation telephone interface panel operation security codes account validity, correct panel type user authority

any idea? pci2000 works ok, it clicks when i switch on the modem. also i tried it with a phone set on the line as you told me like a hint, but the same things occurs. the panel is on defaults. the security dealer code is 4567 the default and everything on the software is default it exept the phone number of the panel in order to dial. i am dl it usin 2 call answer method. Call back did not try it and keypad connection did not work at all. Modem in this mode cannot dial. But at "One step download connection" works but with the problems i mentioned before.... Any ideas?

Reply to
proguard

The Ademco Compass modem works just fine with Napco. Just select Cardinal Modem in the settings...

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to snipped-for-privacy@netfront.net

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I don't think the US Robotics is going to work. The modem has to get down to about 300 baud and there aren't too many of the newer modems that can do that ..... if any.

Jim Rojas says the Ademco modem will work with Napco. Try that.

Reply to
Jim

Finally i did download with Napco's quick modem Boca 14400. I didn't test it with Ademco Compass. Anyway, when i am connecting the software automatically download from the pc to the panel the configuration and after that it disconnected and hungs up. Is that correct or am i missing something? I want to connect, stay connected and first upload from panel then make the changes i want, dl it to panel and disconnect after that. Is that possible with Nacpo's software? Or PCI 2000 does not work properly?

Because as i mentioned before, after the success connection, automatically sends data from pc to panel and disconnects

Reply to
proguard

.0?

formatting link

Last I checked there were still a few old Napco panels that the Windows software didn't support, like the 1010LKDL

Reply to
mleuck

6.0?
formatting link

I got v 6.0 but unfortunately the same occurs. After succesfull programming, the system disconnects. I can not stay online with the panel in order to get panel status or arm/disarm panel etc...

Reply to
proguard

is 6.0?

formatting link

After succesfull data transfer i get "Terminate port" --> "Data transfer comleted succesfully" --> Modem communication completed" and it disconnects... how can i stay connected so i can upload i.e. history log?

Reply to
proguard

On 1 =CE=A6=CE=B5=CE=B2, 19:18, proguard wrote= :

te:

t is 6.0?

formatting link

When i am using pci2000 the modem after the panel answers, hungs up the line. The outgoing line of the modem. If i dont use pci2000, only modem, i can download succesfull the panel but after that it disconnects immediately....

Reply to
proguard

6.0?
formatting link
>

I tossed out my PCI2000 years ago...too much trouble. All you have to do is get a standard telephone and use the speakerphone button to keep the line open.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to snipped-for-privacy@netfront.net

Reply to
Jim Rojas

is 6.0?

formatting link

t.net ---- =CE=91=CF=80=CF=8C=CE=BA=CF=81=CF=85=CF=88=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5=CE= =B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE= =B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE= =B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

Jim i did that, an ordinary tel set in parallel with modems phone line but i cannot prevent in that way the quickloader to send "Terminate port" at the end. That terminates com port connection and disconnects. I'll experiment of course again & again :-)

Reply to
proguard

e:

at is 6.0?

formatting link

ont.net ---- =CE=91=CF=80=CF=8C=CE=BA=CF=81=CF=85=CF=88=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5= =CE=B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC= =CE=B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8= =CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

Finally i did it with Ademco Compass ad an ordinary phone. PCI2000 clicks ok, but always drops the line after a while. With Callback even with One step download. Always after about 45'' drops the line... Having offhook a tel set its the best. The only "problem" with this is that because i am using remotely the modems via logmein, i cannot remotely off hook the tel set. Anyway thanks to Bob, Jim, Just Looking and all the other guys for the hints ;-)

Reply to
proguard

Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to program a Napco F-64 panel locally, and I'm having the same trouble as you with a PCI-MINI.

Reply to
Jeremy Reeder

Do you have the same disconnection issues?

Reply to
spyros

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.