Panda TruPrevent comes infected?

Hi, I ran Spyware Doctor 3.5 and it says I had the Lazar.c trojan in a registry item that had a Panda TruPrevent item. Spyware Doctor then removed it but it came back.

I uninstalled via the Control pannel Panda TruPrevent (also manually removed the remainents of the program folder). Then reran Spyware Doctor. Got a clean slate. Next I downloaded and reinstalled Panda TruPrevent 2006 and ran Spyware Doctor. It found I was re-infected. Uninstalled as above with clean results from Spyware Doctor. Panda TruPrevent says it does not use viral signatures but detects via behavior. How then is SD giving me this result. Is it a false positive. Panda has not responded to my e-mail. My system is a Dell 2.3GHZ Pentium Windows XP Prof. Note this whole thing started with SD finding Panda Trupevent 2005 infected. So I downloaded the new "Improved" version. You would think I should get a Lazar.D Trojan upgrade from the Lazar.C Trojan. :) But no the new 2006 seems to have the same one?? Is this a false reading from SD?

Brian Dawson

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

You're getting a false positive or something. Do you actually think that Panda is going to have some kind of exploit implanted in its solution? Maybe, a more appropriate NG like an AV NG can answer your questions ke alt.comp.anti-virus.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Please read:

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.