Kill my phone line?

I've been reading about the Uplink, Skyroute, etc and I would like, if possible, to tie this into my z900 panel and abandon the landline. I understand that I must choose a monitoring co that handles Uplink (or Skyroute, etc) and reprogram the z900 Am I correct so far? I'm not an installer, but I have experience programming the z900, as well as troubleshooting addressable and non-addressable alarm systems So, what module(s) would I need to accomplish this? The only place I could find the Uplink pdf install and user manuals is on a pay site, so I gave up I won't buy anything until I can see the manuals first. It's the only way I can be sure that it can be done, as the promo literature is completely useless Thanks Joe jposi at gmail dot com

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

You wouldn't have to reprogram the Moose, just use the siren output voltage to trip the Uplink. Keep in mind you won't get any zones only "Burg" "Fire" no details. Then you'll need a secondary (separate) Aux Power supply (2.5 amp min. is what I use) and another backup battery for the Uplink. The Uplink will send Aux Power Fail and Low Battery for IT"S battery and AC.

It will test standard once a week IIRC, more than that you will pay extra.

Now, you just have to find someone to install it for you, since you as a user will not be able to set up the Uplink account...and you'll still need a CS to monitor it. Uplink is universal, so you should have no prob. finding a CS, but you will have to do that through a licensed alarmco.

You won't be able to program Uplink unless you have an Uplink dealer account btw.

And...keep your cell phone on and charged all the time :-)

hth.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Joe

You're using a Z900 for a fire alarm????

Reply to
Frank Olson

What is the Moose Z900 fire alarm system going to be monitoring?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

A Z900 for a fire system?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, you know, ..... not an installer BUT ........... ability to program, addressable, non addressable, wanting to "replace" landline with radio "backup" device ....... fire on a residential 25 year old panel. It's one of those Rocket jobs.

Reply to
Jim

Yeah, you know, ..... not an installer BUT ........... ability to program, addressable, non addressable, wanting to "replace" landline with radio "backup" device ....... fire on a residential 25 year old panel. It's one of those Rocket jobs.

Had a lady call a couple of weeks ago that has a FBI 4600 panel in the home that she just moved into. She didn't want monitoring but wants the chime feature on. Told her there would be a service call charge. Reply was, "Never mind, my husband is very good with computers and programming. He'll be able to figure it out". OK, thank you for calling. Maybe they had the manuals and maybe it wasn't locked so maybe he can figure it out. Maybe.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

So, what do you do for a living? Oh, you're a banker? Good. I need a loan, but you need to come to my house to handle the paperwork at 3:00am, and I don't expect to pay any processing fees, closing costs or interest.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

... and I'm going to complain about how unfair you are if you give me a hard time if I miss a payment or five.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

And here I thought that all the cheap skates lived in south Florida. I wrote an article for my newsletter one time about how people push the limit when it comes to paying for service or was it that they just didn't understand how it works. The reason for writing the article was that it seemed the most common statement was "what am I paying you every month for?" It slowed the comments down for awhile but there is another whole generation of clients since I wrote that article. Interesting how it is the same comment though. "What am I paying you every month for?" Sounds like a broken record or there might be a newsletter on the other side. Was there an article ever written on "How to screw the vendor?"

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Reply to
G. Morgan

OH...be nice...and just "drop by when you're in the area"

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, I get that too. WTF does that mean? What if I'm not in yur "area" untl December, is that OK? Does that mean that you don't think that you will have to pay me?

Reply to
alarman

Oh.......... I just LOVE that one.

Somehow, I just never seem to be in that area! Just one of those querky coincidences.

Reply to
Jim

It means you can just drop by for strudel and coffee and while you're here you can fix my alarm system, but I'm not gonna pay for no service.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No tickie, no laundry.

Reply to
alarman

But, but, but... what about the free strudel?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Any customer of mine that offers free strudel, gets free service. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

There is no such thing.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.