Line Installation / Cutover checklist

I have a bunch of locations with 2 to 8 lines that are being switched over to another carrier and I need to put together a checklist of sort to project manage it. The carrier techs are obviously doing the cutover, but I need to do the coordination and follow-up, site support etc.

If anyone has a checklist or ms project doc that is same / similar from previous jobs I would greatly appreciate a copy. I have scoured the web but haven't really found anything relevant so far.

TIA B

I can be emailed at "buysellstratford" dot you know what

Reply to
BMN
Loading thread data ...

Or my personal favorite - alarm lines. The customer doesn't usually find those until they are trying to close up and set the alarms for the night. Also HVAC lines are often missed.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Are you sure the carrier techs are doing the entire cutover ? Here the carrier just goes to a demarc and we have to crossconnect to the equipment. Also the better ones email/fax us a cutover sheet ahead of time. There is almost always a forgotten line or two, unknown (to them) DSLs etc.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Good point, I will ask for and see if the carrier has a cut sheet of sorts.

Basically we are ripping out all existing lines at each location and putting in new Centrex, doubling some infrastructure at some locations and the data network is already in place, so that's not being touched. The locations are geographically diverse so I cannot be on site for each cut. I need to have some form of project guideline to manage the process and it falls to me to liaise with the site contact, supplier and technicians as well as corp. HQ to ensure smooth transition of services.

alarm, DSL and HVAC lines are great items I had missed in my checklist. Someone out there must have a Microsoft Project template that relates to this type of project management. At least that's my hope.

switched

scoured

Reply to
BMN

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.