Defective RJ31/CA 38 A Line Exclusion Jacks

RHC: I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with poor quality line exclusion jacks and cords. Canadian suppliers invariably stock only the Chinese imports, and lately we've been finding that almost one in three jacks or cords comes out of the box defective.

Does anyone know of a Canadian supplier who stocks quality jacks and cords, because these DOA's are at an unacceptable level (whataya expect I guess at 55 cents apiece...?) And the ones that do work, die at an unacceptable level creating unnecessary service calls for us (and sometimes Bell Canada).

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

I used ELK's RJ31X sets for years with almost no problems.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I haven't had a single problem with the jacks I pick up at Tried.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I have had a few but don't know the source of the mfg. If I had as many as you were indicating I would be looking for a new source. Along with looking for a source I would be diagnose to see where the problems were. The unit is not that complicated. Is it the terminal connectors or the forked terminals not making contact??? May not be an important issue but it might be helpful to know the pin point of the problem.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

RHC: Good, I'll look to see if they are a different brand and start buying them there rather than ADI. I don't buy much at Tried other than DSC equipment that I have to replace for some customers so I don't get over there often. Thanks !!

Reply to
tourman

A few weeks ago I have a bad jack from a new1832 kit. Usually they're fine, but perhaps you've found the same suppliers for DSC's jacks?

I've also had to replace a fair number of jacks, but who knows how long some of those have been in service. I'd guess anywhere from 5-20 years, and we do have a fair share of lightning around here too.

But a bad jack brand new outta the box, that's just unacceptable. If it weren't for so many DSL lines, I don't think I'd bother using jacks at all.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

Try the Revere ones, they come with cords and are cheaper than jack alone. The cheap Chinese ones are junk.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, they do make it easier to plug in that DSL filter.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.