Cisco AP - for wireless VOIP phone - please advise

I am interested in talking to administrators / engineers who have set up the Cisco wireless IP phone 7920 in an office (not warehouse) environment with Cisco APs to accomodate Level 2 roaming for that phone.

Some questions:

1. What is the best hardware to use for the AP: Cisco 1242, 1131, 1230 or another model? Our environment is a large area with walls and hallways that make signal strength a challenge. Also we need the wireless network to accommodate both Voice and Data.

1. How is Level 2 roaming enabled and how well does it work? Do calls drop as the phone changes association from one AP to another?

You can contact me at texasmirty at gmail dot com

Reply to
TexasMirty
Loading thread data ...

I am interested in talking to administrators / engineers who have set up the Cisco wireless IP phone 7920 in an office (not warehouse) environment with Cisco APs to accomodate Level 2 roaming for that phone.

Some questions:

1. What is the best hardware to use for the AP: Cisco 1242, 1131, 1230 or another model? Our environment is a large area with walls and hallways that make signal strength a challenge. Also we need the wireless network to accommodate both Voice and Data.

1. How is Level 2 roaming enabled and how well does it work? Do calls drop as the phone changes association from one AP to another?

Reply to
TexasMirty

Some questions:

Reply to
TexasMirty

there is a best practice guide @

formatting link

Reply to
stephen

We had a wireless scenario in our office with individual 1242 APs (in the IOS mode), but even with all SRND advises we had *some* drops when phone was moved between APs. Now we converted the same 1242 to LWAPP and installed Cisco WLC (Wireless LAN Controller). Now everything works like a charm...

Mike

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

You may wish to consult with the following Cisco Voice Experts:

Jason Young, Dual CCIE No. 8607 Voice / Routing & Switching

formatting link
and/or

Aaron Harrison, CCIE No. 14431 Voice

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.