Interesting Applications

Recordable voice sirens are one of my favorites. The Elk 120 is a little pricey, but you can do some neat stuff with it with its 4 voice channels and

4 inputs. I have one at a school that blasts a message throughout the building whenever anybody arms the alarm as a warning. It has a different message that plays through out whenever somebody enters the building as well. Of course it has the typical "burglary burglary burglary" message that plays when the alarm goes off as well.

Since I set it up they have not had a single entry or exit error.

"The alarm has been activated. Exit the building immediatley. If you need to stay in the building contact somebody with a valid alarm code and disarm the alarm" or something like that.

"The alarm system is active. You must disarm now."

I have another application where a business has deliveries dropped off in lockable containers in their side yard. The carrier puts the delivery in the container and then locks the container. This requires them to leave a side gate unlocked. We set up an armored contact on the gate. It trips a trigger output on their alarm that plays a custom message. "Delivery drivers ONLY beyond this point. ALL OTHERS ARE TRESSPASSING. You are being video taped. Tresspassers will be prosecuted." Then we set the alarm up to page the business owner whenever the gate is opened. It is a great stop gap. System. We also use the trigger output to trip a relay which activates the alarm input on their digital video recorder to switch that camera to real time whenever that gate is opened. Made for an interesting interaction when a delivery driver tried to lie about making a delivery.

"Golly, there is no video of you in that area, and gee... you never opened the gate. Maybe you should double check your truck."

Bob La Londe

formatting link

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

"Self-destruct activated. This building will self-destruct in 20 seconds. Please evacuate." Repeat ad nauseum.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Could you please give some more information on the Siren? What brand, internet links, etc.

Thanks.

Bob La L>The Elk 120

Reply to
Okitoki

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Napco's RP1-CAe2 keypads have a programmable system ready message. Most dealers leave it at the standard "System Ready" but you cab change it. After we installed a new P9600 system in my church many years ago I was demonstrating the capabilities of the system to one of the board members. I set the message to something other different.

Unfortunately, I forgot to change it back. Early the next morning a sweet lady from the congregation who volunteered to clean the church each week showed up as usual. She disarmed the system with the code the pastor gave and saw "Attention Burglar" Second line: "Go ahead. Make my day".

She read, "Attention Burglar", panicked and dialed 911. I'm not sure of the details but I think she told them there was an intruder in the building. The cops were not amused. Fortunately, the pastor shared my sense slightly wicked of humor. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You really *can't* type! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I install a lot of P1632 and ytou can't display that much text on an RP1CAe2 keypad. Is there something different about the interaction with a 9600 that allows you to display two lines of text?

How does that work in programming?

Bob La Londe

formatting link

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hmmm ........ that seems to work out to be 17 characters on the first line.

Yes and you've again proved it to be true.

Reply to
Jim

Seventeen on the first, twenty on the second (if you include the period after "Go ahead"). On a 32 character two line display... Interesting... Bass must truly be a programming genius. Can we say "stupid", people?

Another Bass fairytale exposed. "Kicks and Giggles" abound. I just love this group!!

Frank Olson

formatting link
"Splash, splash, splash went the minnow." (Robert J. La Londe III)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I will go along with his admittance of having a wicked sense of humor as true, however, I believe he has serious mental lapses when he posts his fairytales. Doesn't he know who reads these things. He gets busted everytime with his BS. And God help us all when he gets something right. Amazing!

You know he is going to take that as a compliment.

Speaking of stupid, has anyone heard of a store or chain of stores, I think in California, called "Stupid Prices"? Are they trashy type discount dollar stores or more like a Costco or Sam's Club?

Back to the post at hand.....

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Are typing and drinking health hazardous your to.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

I used one of those voice boards to record.

defenses activated tear Gas release in 20 second,etc.

Poor Bell telco guy almost had a heart attack when he accidently triggered the alarm system at the radio station. he really thought he was going to get it. since i work for a radio station with a generous sound studio the recording really sounded real out of one of those 50's miltary movies.

Life is fun when you get revenge on the telco's

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

As long as you're not a drink as some thinkel peep you are.

Reply to
Jim

formatting link

I can't seem to figure that out how he got all those letters on one keypad either.

Perhaps he put two keypads side by side.

I guess we'll just have to wait and let the Napco "expert" tell us how he does it.

Reply to
Jim

Look at the entry for "System Ready" message. BTW, I mostly used the Gemini P3200 and P9600 models. I've only installed a few of the P1632 model.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Say what?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Back when I was doing car electronic installs, we got in our first "talking" car alarm... when triggered, it would spew out a very whiny, pathetic-sounding "I'M BEING TAMPERED WITH!"

We were pondering if there was any way to reprogram the voice... one installer suggested a female voice screaming, "I'M BEING VIOLATED!"

Reply to
Matt Ion

I didn't realize they were around 24, 27, 29 (whatever), years ago.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Heh... And if the female's voice has a very thick uppercrust English accent: "Oh, you brute,you! Help, I'm being most horribly violated!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

Amen brother.

Reply to
sprgns

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.