Pet Immune... er ... Resistant Motions

So far the ones with the fewest falses I have tried are the Intellisense DT-500s. Unfortunatley they also have a very low sensitivity in many applications.

I have not pushed the 100lb limit for them, but I did install some in a mobile home that had two dogs in the 50lb range. They were old rather slow moving dogs though. Never had a false there that I was aware of.

I can say that the pet immune ratings of some of the cheaper motions is total bull pucky though.

Bob La Londe

formatting link

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

That's putting it mildly, I made the mistake of installing a DT-500 in a small master bedroom one time... I had to dance around the room for 5 minutes before it would activate, the customer wasn't impressed with the motion or my dancing...... :-))

And probably Non-dancing dogs........

Never had a false there that I was aware of.

Reply to
Russell Brill

I have one in my house. One day the alarm tripped. Found a plastic bread wrapper with punctures from my cat's claws in the hall:) Apparently my cat was having a ball with it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

IMO, you're right about the insensitivity of the DT 500's. We refer to them as "mooseproof" motions around my part of the country. But in my experience, they will work in extremely difficult situations where other pet motions have tripped...ie: larger dogs with short hair, in a room with hardwood floors, etc. Speaking only for myself, I don't use them unless the particular situation calls for them, and never with the panel set to a "double trip" feature.....just too much chance of a missed "catch"....

I feel a lot more confident with a conventional pet motion; one with ratings to 75 lbs, like Visonic, or the Paradox DG75. These seem to be the best compromise between "capture" and insensitivity to a human. I also wouldn't use the small, pet immune motions (40 lbs), except perhaps in a commercial situation to guard against mice etc. The ones made by DSC are just too "hot" IMO. Others might be OK, but I don't have experience with them.....

RHC

Reply to
Robert Campbell

You should come down here, Bob. Maybe the Brasileiros would appreciate you more. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'd write "cat's are evil", but JS has the copyright and I don't have permission.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You now have permission. (Note: permission is granted at the sole discression of the author. Any re-transmission, or re-broadcast of this message without the express written permission of the author is prohibited. Except on days ending with Y, and on any February 30.) js

Reply to
alarman

Uh-huh... and if you add the cowboy hat (and a few years/pounds), you get this video of how Robert can post into the Newsgroup and participate in "Carnaval" at the same time:

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Nah...Robert doesn't know how to have that much fun, even with himself.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

You sir are on vacation, I must insist, back to the duties at hand !! where's my report on the scenery?

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Sorry Mikey, no report...my wife caught me gawking and stepped on my tongue.....

RHC

Reply to
Robert Campbell

Your wife? YOUR WIFE? What th... You're going about this all wrong. js

Reply to
alarman

Robert! Do I have to teach you EVERYTHING?

The first thing ya gotta do .... is get yourself a pair of those reflecting wrap around sunglasses. No one can tell where your looking. Then you get yourself a good thick novel about war or something only a guy would be interested in and go to the beach. Get a tilting beach chair or lowboy chaise so you can sit tilted slightly back. Now your free to tilt your head only slightly downward, as if reading, but freely scan the horizon in search of the perfect pair. Oh and don't for get to turn a page every so often. And be sure to comment on how good the book is occasionally. You can make up just about anything about the book. She'll never read it anyway.

JEEEEZE ...... ya gotta look at this as a challange.

And we ALL want a full report.

No nipple and .... errrrrr ...... nickel and dime stuff either.

Reply to
Jim

Really??? She is truly blessed. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.