Hollywood and Alarm Systems

=EF=BF=BDLOL.

In this thread I see all these compalints about lack of realism in movies.

Can't imagine what the compalints would be if they actually showed how to defeat the systems.

I think I'd rather stick with the lack of realism.

Bass is enough to deal with here.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

You have to get a chuckle out of some of it. I remember seeing one show where there was a high security bank vault and a Napco Magnum 800 keypad "protecting" the vault. Couldn't they at least used something with the Potter name attached?

In this thread I see all these compalints about lack of realism in movies.

Can't imagine what the compalints would be if they actually showed how to defeat the systems.

I think I'd rather stick with the lack of realism.

Bass is enough to deal with here.

Reply to
Just Looking

I'll have to find that movie, it had to do with Redford wearing a special suit, heating the room and him walking VERY slow

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'll vandalize her but she has to buy her own ticket.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I too am sometimes annoyed or amused by Hollywood and alarms. I saw some good ones in the thread, but my favorite I think has to be Patriot Games where the film shows an ADT truck in the driveway and two techs on ladders throwing wires over the roof.

Reply to
Spawnie

Nothing unusual about that.

Reply to
alarman

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing....... ha ha ha

Reply to
Russell Brill

The ADT thing was a rouse. ;-) Just helped with movie the budget a bit. Either the installers were spooks or they were moonlighting for Time Warner. Either way ADT wouldn't have had a clue.

Reply to
Red

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.