A movie with an alarm system. help Required.

Hello Guys,

I watched a movie about 5 years. The plot was a female who was broken into and terrorised. She of course then had an alarm system installed in the home. ( the scenes show them installing the keypad and a switch on a skylight)

She then becomes freindly with a local police officer, he decided to start stalking her. Sneaking in and bypassing the alarm system.

He ends up taking her hostage, and calling the central station and changing the voice code. Although in the end, he providdes the wrong one and the police are dispatched.

I remeber scenes where there was a keypad in her bedroom, and when he's coming in, you can see the "bypass"light flashing on the keypad and he's coming in downstairs.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Aaron Corry
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a Brinks commercial.

Reply to
Jim

hahahaha, you have a point. But no .. it's an actualy movie. Was quite good.

Reply to
Aaron Corry

AT&T 8000

Reply to
mleuck

Sorry?

Reply to
Aaron Corry

ROTFLMAO

This is an alarm forum - don't expect to get the name of the movie. But you'll get a lot of guesses as to what sort of alarm system you're talking about...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Yes, that's correct. This is an alarm forum. But based on searching and a few previous discussions about "alarm systems in movies" i thought i would post here. being interested in alarms, i'm sure you notice, and remember the movies.

Thank you for your input.

Reply to
Aaron Corry

Your post is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned and I'm not saying you won't get the name of the movie - but you should make it clear that's what you're looking. I thought you were looking for the alarm system as well until your confusion at the AT&T 8000 answer...

Any idea who the stars were? Or other movies/characters they play?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

That sounds like a movie from the early 90's with Ray Liotta and Madeline Stowe called Unlawful Entry. I don't remember the details, so I can't confirm the stuff with the voice code, etc.

Reply to
kjwkjw

Is this it?

formatting link

Reply to
JoeRaisin

It was an AT&T 8000, best damn system ever made and prominent in a number of movies such as Alien vs Predator, Fargo and Avatar

Reply to
mleuck

Couple really good movies with alarms in them over the years was " Thief " with James Caan 1970's and" Night Key" with Boris Karloff

1930's
Reply to
nick markowitz

Any ideas about what? (What do you want to know?)

As to movies, these are written by "artistic" types of people who typically know nothing about anything mechanical or electrical. These movies are

*fantasy* and have very little to do with reality.

I knew one guy in Hollywood who was a writer for TV/movies. He could not change the oil in his car! As a matter of fact, I don't think he knew how to add oil to his car! Anyway don't take anything in these movies as fact.

The reality is that criminals are not very bright people.

And many of the people who work for alarm companies do not understand the internal workings of alarm systems and would never be able to bypass one as shown in a movie.

So if a person who has access to all the technical details of an alarm system could not bypass it as shown in a movie, there is certainly no way a "not very bright" criminal would be able to do so!

Here is your typical criminal type...

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

I believe this is the movie you're thinking of:

formatting link

Reply to
Matt Ion

It was an AT&T 8000, best damn system ever made and prominent in a number of movies such as Alien vs Predator, Fargo and Avatar

It looked like a Moose Z1250 to me :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

If that is the movie I have it and they treated the security system aspect rather well except for a few things. I sent pictures to Stevens and Rojas but I think it's just a prop

Huge keypad, about the size of the old Westec 5000, maybe 8x10"

Branded as Wickam Security Co. which is who installed it, no other visible brand, looks like they installed one in the bedroom, one by the side or garage door and one by the front door.

8 zones on the left side that stay lit if the zones are closed which would be annoying

Screen above the keys which you think is an LCD display but actually a light which like the zone LED's is also always on and even more annoying

Armed and what appears to be a Ready LED on the left side above the zone LED's, no Bypass although the image isn't that clear

Standard keypad on the right side with panics on 1 & 3 and * & #, looks like each key also does a command like Ademco, looks like she arms it with a 3 digit code

Armed and Ready LED's and that light flash when it goes into alarm, siren is pretty anemic but hey it's a movie.

Amusing part #1 is when Kurt Russell comes home you can see the keypad, offscreen he opens the door, zone 1 flashes and the keypad beeps like entry delay. Armed light turns off and Ready light turns on then within 2 seconds zone 1 stops flashing and it goes back to armed, no possible way he entered a code to turn it off then back on in that amount of time.

Amusing part # 2 is when Madeleine Stowe has the bad guy Ray Liota in the house and her life is in danger she goes to the front door walking RIGHT PAST the garage keypad (where Ray was at) and with the front door keypad ARMS THE FREAKING SYSTEM, no panic, no duress just arms the system like normal, doesn't even run outside which would have at least alerted the neighbors..

Amusing part #3 is Ray runs outside without appearing to disarm the system first, apparently Kurt Russell comes in another door at the same time also without disarming the system. If it was disarmed nobody armed it back up again.

Ray comes back in through a double door setting off the siren which sounds 50 -60 seconds then stops when the monitoring station calls. You never hear the siren again.

Amusing part #5 is when Ray gives the incorrect password the central station tells him it's wrong instead of the normal accepting it then calling the police after hanging up. Also it appears the password must be 7 letters for some reason

Amusing part #6 is Ray gets shot at the end and there's a cat that during the movie gets spooked by everything however isn't phased at all by the noise of Ray getting 6-8 shots to the chest with a 357 police revolver.

Amusing part #7 is 5 patrol cars, 1 motorcycle cop, an unmarked car AND a helicopter complete with spot light show up within 10 seconds of each other less than 3 or 4 minutes after the phone call.

House had 2 yard signs less than 20 ft apart at the front of the house

Decent topless shots of Madeline Stowe in her prime at around 35 years old

Reply to
mleuck

. =EF=BF=BDBut

Hmmm,

At first it sounded like a really terrible movie. I didn't think I was going to watch it until I got to the last item.

See? Sometimes it takes just one redeeming item to make a whole movie worth watching.

Reply to
Jim

If you don't know anything about security systems it wasn't a bad movie

Reply to
mleuck

Your last point should have been first - you gotta get your priorities right...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I figure if I put it at the beginning nobody else would have read the rest

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.