Help with FBII XL-31

I just moved into a new house with an FBII XL-31 system. The previous owners never used it and didn't know the user code. I would like to use the alarm without connecting to a central station. I have the installation manual and using the installer code read out the contents of the eprom which identified an account code ( it's located in question 8). The account code does not let me arm/disarm the system. Is the account code different from the master user code? The manual gives no other location for any other code. There is a program option to disable the dialer. Is it possible that my problem is that the system is expecting some sort of hand shake from the central station, before it lets me arm/disarm/stay etc? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
oclafed
Loading thread data ...

the master number should allow you to program system but you probably need to add a user number check with jim rojas

formatting link
he has all the manuals for the system.

Reply to
nick markowitz

IIRC question 8 is the account number, not a code, this is what identifies the panel to the central station software. It's not a user or master code to program the system. The installer code is at 00 and if it's still at default it may be 4612, otherwise you may be outta luck.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.