CP-01 coming to a theater near you.

Phx ordinance 10.76.01(D)

"...The component must be labeled by Underwriters

Laboratories, Inc. and shall specifically include the control panels labeled CP-01 and passive infrared sensors

labeled PIR-01. In the event any passive infrared sensors are installed in the protected premise, all passive infrared

sensors installed and connected to the control panel must be labeled PIR-01. Misrepresentation of the installation

of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. false alarm resistant components is unlawful. The provisions of this subsection

shall supplement, not supplant, the provisions of Section 10-79."

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Sigh, ignorant civil servants adopting some self sustaining self justifying private company to write standards for them instead of getting their brain off a chair and actually learning something.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Dig this...I had a fire inspection on residential fire system and sprinkler the other day (sprinkler part wasn't under my scope). What a joke. Fire Marshall sets off the waterflow, signals go through, I show him sigs on my cell phone...he's says hey that's really cool...bye. He doesn't even look at the smokes. Bada bing. I like inspections like this but it was dumb.

Have you ever had a fire inspection on residential fire?

| > "...The component must be labeled by Underwriters | >

| > Laboratories, Inc. and shall specifically include the control panels | > labeled | > CP-01 and passive infrared sensors | >

| > labeled PIR-01. In the event any passive infrared sensors are installed in | > the protected premise, all passive infrared | >

| > sensors installed and connected to the control panel must be labeled | > PIR-01. | > Misrepresentation of the installation | >

| > of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. false alarm resistant components is | > unlawful. The provisions of this subsection | >

| > shall supplement, not supplant, the provisions of Section 10-79." | | | Sigh, ignorant civil servants adopting some self sustaining self justifying | private company to write standards for them instead of getting their brain | off a chair and actually learning something. | | | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi Bob,

That certainly can happen. I suspect this is a case where local authorities are convinced that using components which comply alarm industry false alarm reduction standards will mitigate the problem. That's probably true, too. Many of the things the standard requires can reduce false alarms. How much of a benefit they will derive from insisting on compliant hardware remains to be seen. At least they're trying and they are not only endorsing but codifying industry efforts to combat the problem.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh, that was pretty basic. Was it close to 5 O'clock? We had an inspection of my church's commercial fire alarm which consisted of me activating the pull station, resetting the system and then removing the pull to show the FM that there's a resistor in place. This was a 17,000 sf "place of assembly" with smokes, duct smokes, pulls and strobe-horns all over the place.

Many times, yes. In CT you couldn't get a C.O. without a fire inspection and if the smokes were part of the alarm the inspectors would want the system demo'd. They rarely bothered to check for supervision though one guy in S Windsor always did.

We once had the inspector check our alarm in an apartment in a certain ethnic neighborhood of Hartford. The building owner lived on the second floor. When the inspector arrived he went to the owner's apartment, stayed a few minutes telling jokes and sipping homemade wine, then left with a bottle under his arm (talk about DIY:)).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Its already here and required in Texas

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.