MONA T. RONICS

Just curious of what other installers think of the above monitoring/dealers hip company that sells systems to consumers who are not told that the mainb oard of the security system that they have purchased, cannot be taken over by another company for monitoring. And this is done in collusion and collab oration of companies such as Honeywell.

Reply to
ED
Loading thread data ...

Excellent! Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

John R. Sowden American Sentry Systems, Inc. UL Central Station Alarm Service Company Service the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

Reply to
John R. Sowden

rship company that sells systems to consumers who are not told that the mai nboard of the security system that they have purchased, cannot be taken ove r by another company for monitoring. And this is done in collusion and coll aboration of companies such as Honeywell.

Nowdays ..... any alarm system that uses 4/2 format or CID to a phone line can be taken over.

Reply to
Jim Davis

lership company that sells systems to consumers who are not told that the m ainboard of the security system that they have purchased, cannot be taken o ver by another company for monitoring. And this is done in collusion and co llaboration of companies such as Honeywell.

e can be taken over.

Only an idiot still uses 4/2 format

Reply to
mleuck

rship company that sells systems to consumers who are not told that the mai nboard of the security system that they have purchased, cannot be taken ove r by another company for monitoring. And this is done in collusion and coll aboration of companies such as Honeywell.

Those systems can be taken over just like any other system

Reply to
mleuck

Not to put to fine a point on the "name" calling,

Not every place in America or the world has the quality of phone service that will allow acceptable CID to function. A.T.T. is one of the biggest offenders in our region for this failing.. (floating impedance) (floating voltage) (cross voltage in multi pairs)

Now if you know of a way to CID using pulse voltage I'd be happy to give it a try..

RTS

Reply to
RTS

ealership company that sells systems to consumers who are not told that the mainboard of the security system that they have purchased, cannot be taken over by another company for monitoring. And this is done in collusion and collaboration of companies such as Honeywell.

line can be taken over.

In those cases you'd ditch the phone line and install a cell

Reply to
mleuck

excellent ideal but again A.T.T. service is iffy at best (even with directional antenna) and no other carrier service is available in the region...

I will say that 2G service did work till they changed over to 3-4G and service then stopped as the carriers moved to a different location and signal strength dropped below transceivers ability to detect.

OOh in case your think of cable, doesn't work either.. only video available.

now satellite internet is possibility but for alarm signals it's a little out of most customers price range...

RTS

Reply to
RTS

QUOTE: Nowdays ..... any alarm system that uses 4/2 format or CID to a phon e line can be taken over.

QUOTE: Those systems can be taken over just like any other system

Yes, since the advent of the many cellular units now available, the panel t elco and account number are negated and irrelevant. But, there are still ma ny systems only on telco and the customer is not wanting to pay the extra c harge for cellular... unless the installing company wants to absorb the cos t.

The point is not what is available, but the gall of 'Mona' and her 'Honey' colluding together to 'trap' unknowing customers to locked systems. For the programming purposely shows "Locked" in the telco numbers. A security syst em mainboard is more or less a complicated communication device with many i nputs and programming parameters as to when and how it will communicate. As such, it is technically subject to the FCC-the Federal Communication Commi ssion.

Additionally, because of the collusion, in that they purposefully attempt t o prevent other companies from using their system boards, it has run afoul of the other small department in the US called the FTC-the Federal Trade Co mmission, which was instituted purposefully to prevent anyone from such unf air trade practices.

Further, Mona's 'Honey', directly financially benefits by the unlocked repl acement boards that it sells to companies that yet only know this as a solu tion. Until only quite recently, there has not been a plethora of available devices available to overcome the locked boards.

Reply to
ED

had same problem years ago when ADT was using Moose Z900 panels with their "special" chip.. which altered the programming steps.. Bro. Wade was kind enough to supply us with the new steps and we were able to work around their "special chip"..

Must be that "mona t. ronics" isn't using Honeywell Vista. you can access that thing from so many different ways it's a joke as a "Security" panel..

RTS

Reply to
RTS

ine can be taken over.

Well Mark, I can see that time hasn't changed you. You're still a f****ng a sshole.

By the way ...... To those not familiar with this mental retard ..... the above opinion is coming from a mentally shriveled jerk who resides in t he bowels of a monitoring company and only sees this trade through a tiny w indow to the world. He installed a few alarm systems years and years ago, didn't do so well at that and since has been captured yet enraptured by is own incompetenc to judging what others should do based on his limited knowl edge of the trade.

ie. he's a little man with a little mind and actually embodies the word .. Idiot.

Don't mind him, he will go away and will only pop up occasionally when he c an say something disparaging about someone or something.

Reply to
Jim Davis

one line can be taken over.

telco and account number are negated and irrelevant. But, there are still many systems only on telco and the customer is not wanting to pay the extra charge for cellular... unless the installing company wants to absorb the c ost.

' colluding together to 'trap' unknowing customers to locked systems. For t he programming purposely shows "Locked" in the telco numbers. A security sy stem mainboard is more or less a complicated communication device with many inputs and programming parameters as to when and how it will communicate. As such, it is technically subject to the FCC-the Federal Communication Com mission.

to prevent other companies from using their system boards, it has run afou l of the other small department in the US called the FTC-the Federal Trade Commission, which was instituted purposefully to prevent anyone from such u nfair trade practices.

placement boards that it sells to companies that yet only know this as a so lution. Until only quite recently, there has not been a plethora of availab le devices available to overcome the locked boards.

The reason why the phone and account numbers were "locked" in the first pla ce was NOT due to any paranoid ramblings stated here but as an installation aid. See the funny thing about techs is they sometimes have a habit of som etimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers thus often sending n asty signals on other active accounts, controlling where the panel called a nd on what account number it sent virtually eliminated that problem.

When the customer has completed their contract and wished to go elsewhere t he panels can easily be unlocked and work just fine on any other central st ation, I should know I unlocked many over the years

it was never designed to lock anyone into a contract but hey believe what y ou wish

Reply to
mleuck

/dealership company that sells systems to consumers who are not told that t he mainboard of the security system that they have purchased, cannot be tak en over by another company for monitoring. And this is done in collusion an d collaboration of companies such as Honeywell.

e line can be taken over.

Different locations? umm yea ok

I would never recommend panel communication over VoIP, cable or satellite, these days there is no reason not to use cell, IP, WiFi or whatever...phone s are dead they just haven't started smelling yet

Reply to
mleuck

one line can be taken over.

telco and account number are negated and irrelevant. But, there are still many systems only on telco and the customer is not wanting to pay the extra charge for cellular... unless the installing company wants to absorb the c ost.

Guess what, these days the customer has no choice, POTS phones are dying

' colluding together to 'trap' unknowing customers to locked systems. For t he programming purposely shows "Locked" in the telco numbers. A security sy stem mainboard is more or less a complicated communication device with many inputs and programming parameters as to when and how it will communicate. As such, it is technically subject to the FCC-the Federal Communication Com mission.

Complicated communication device? it's a chip emulating a modem transmittin g at around 100 baud, that's hardly complicated

to prevent other companies from using their system boards, it has run afou l of the other small department in the US called the FTC-the Federal Trade Commission, which was instituted purposefully to prevent anyone from such u nfair trade practices.

Tell you what, give the FCC a call and have fun, I'll wait...

placement boards that it sells to companies that yet only know this as a so lution. Until only quite recently, there has not been a plethora of availab le devices available to overcome the locked boards.

Devices have been available for years where have you been? Honeywell's own AlarmNet cellular radios never depended on what was programmed into the pho ne and account numbers section

Reply to
mleuck

phone line can be taken over.

el telco and account number are negated and irrelevant. But, there are stil l many systems only on telco and the customer is not wanting to pay the ext ra charge for cellular... unless the installing company wants to absorb the cost.

ey' colluding together to 'trap' unknowing customers to locked systems. For the programming purposely shows "Locked" in the telco numbers. A security system mainboard is more or less a complicated communication device with ma ny inputs and programming parameters as to when and how it will communicate . As such, it is technically subject to the FCC-the Federal Communication C ommission.

pt to prevent other companies from using their system boards, it has run af oul of the other small department in the US called the FTC-the Federal Trad e Commission, which was instituted purposefully to prevent anyone from such unfair trade practices.

replacement boards that it sells to companies that yet only know this as a solution. Until only quite recently, there has not been a plethora of avail able devices available to overcome the locked boards.

If I recall that Z900 variant (which I changed out dozens over the years) s ent a version of SIA most likely to prevent problems with installers not pr ogramming 4/2 format the stock panel sent.

It's apparently such a joke you feel the need to complain about it, I assur e you "mona t. ronics" still uses plenty of "Honey" stuff

Think what you wish about either company but all current manufacturers can do and have done the same locking out phone and account numbers.

Reply to
mleuck

line can be taken over.

Gotta give people like you something to whine about

the bowels of a monitoring company and only sees this trade through a tiny window to the world. He installed a few alarm systems years and years ago , didn't do so well at that and since has been captured yet enraptured by i s own incompetenc to judging what others should do based on his limited kno wledge of the trade.

Limited knowledge? Even most of the manufacturers have ditched 4/2, it's an obsolete format. The problem is old guys like you haven't figured that out yet and I doubt ever will

can say something disparaging about someone or something.

I'm here to please

Reply to
mleuck

MLEUCK WROTE,

QUOTE: The reason why the phone and account numbers were "locked" in the fi rst place was NOT due to any paranoid ramblings stated here but as an insta llation aid. See the funny thing about techs is they sometimes have a habit of sometimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers thus often se nding nasty signals on other active accounts, controlling where the panel c alled and on what account number it sent virtually eliminated that problem.

Wow, I think I have to get my big boots on to accept that tall statement . If the techs are that dense and prone to errors, how many errors might ha ve been in the rest of the programming? If that logic is true, then they sh ould have locked out a whole lot more, since the Mona techs "sometimes have a habit of sometimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers". Fur ther, if that logic holds any water, then Mona should at least have made pr ovision to provide all the other companies the Mona company installer code, when the customer decides to move on after their monitoring agreement ends .

...this way, Mona would have wrecked havoc upon the other companies' instal lers by their techs sending signals to the wrong accounts using wrong telep hone numbers! Just think of it, Mona could have single-handedly wiped out a ll the other companies...

QUOTE: When the customer has completed their contract and wished to go else where the panels can easily be unlocked and work just fine on any other cen tral station, I should know I unlocked many over the years.

You actually believe this, that most companies know how to get into a Mona panel?

QUOTE: it was never designed to lock anyone into a contract but hey believe what you wish

Oh no, of course not! ...and Hillary never knew that the caption at the top of her emails, the " (C) " ,actually meant " CLASSIFIED ", because she was only a very lowly Secretary of State.

Truth: ...It was designed to keep out any other monitoring company .

Perhaps you might have been one of those very installers working for M ona?

Reply to
napinc7

ne line can be taken over.

in the bowels of a monitoring company and only sees this trade through a ti ny window to the world. He installed a few alarm systems years and years a go, didn't do so well at that and since has been captured yet enraptured by is own incompetenc to judging what others should do based on his limited k nowledge of the trade.

an obsolete format. The problem is old guys like you haven't figured that o ut yet and I doubt ever will

4/2 format is a tool you stupid f*ck! Nobody is saying it's something to be promoted or used instead of newer technology ....... it's just an alternat e tool to use if necessary. Same with pots lines. Some installers will use them because they have no other choice ... some will use them till they can 't be used anymore and then they'll go to the next best thing. How many ins tallers are using VoIP, thinking it's just a reliable as Pots lines used to be? It's just the way things go in this and in any trade.

I've been using cellular for about 2 years now. BUT there are still some ol d panels out there that only use 4/2 format that are still working and the customers don't want to or can't afford to upgrade their systems. Sure, I c an switch them to cellular at no or little expense, but the format is going to remain 4/2 if the expense it to great.

With your limited experience, and because you get paid whether you do a goo d job or not, I'm sure you would tell those people that they had to upgrad e or your would drop them as a customer ..... Right? We'll ..... you see id iot, it just don't work that way. Installers plight is to get customers, an d keep them happy in order to make a living. These are the clients that ha ve been good customers for years and years, who pay regularly and very seld om have a problem. Yeah .... I know. But because it's so inconvenient for t he central station to receive 4/2 format, I should just tell them to f*ck o ff.

You don't know what competition is all about. You sit on your fat ass in a f****ng dungeon and make judgement on the installation trade with your limi ted experience. You can't appreciate what's happening outside in the world when you can only use your limited field experience and your only source of input is what you see from a central station. You only see the trade throu gh I tiny window and think that you think that that's all there is and you think that qualifies you to be able to tell people who work with the public every day, what they should and shouldn't do. ......

You only know what provides good results for a central station with out any regard for what provides necessary results for installers. Realize that yo u're not important enough to pay attention to. It's your job to make the be st of what comes into your central. You don't have to like what you get but .... toughen up there kiddo. The world doesn't owe you or your central any thing except your monthly fee. Just do your job and shut up. You're opinion is acceptable but demeaning people just because they do something that inc onveniences you is not acceptable.

And ... Oh yes, Cellular is the best that this industry can do until the $5

0.00 scramblers become commonly available. Then what?

he can say something disparaging about someone or something.

I know you are Mark. I've heard that all the gay guys say that.:-O

Reply to
Jim Davis

first place was NOT due to any paranoid ramblings stated here but as an ins tallation aid. See the funny thing about techs is they sometimes have a hab it of sometimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers thus often sending nasty signals on other active accounts, controlling where the panel called and on what account number it sent virtually eliminated that proble m.

nt. If the techs are that dense and prone to errors, how many errors might have been in the rest of the programming? If that logic is true, then they should have locked out a whole lot more, since the Mona techs "sometimes ha ve a habit of sometimes programming the wrong phone and account numbers". F urther, if that logic holds any water, then Mona should at least have made provision to provide all the other companies the Mona company installer cod e, when the customer decides to move on after their monitoring agreement en ds.

You can believe what you wish that was the intended purpose of locking the phone and account numbers, same reason other companies like P1, ADT etc did

The installer code was defaulted allowing anyone to monitor the things so h ave fun walking around in those big boots

allers by their techs sending signals to the wrong accounts using wrong tel ephone numbers! Just think of it, Mona could have single-handedly wiped out all the other companies...

Umm ok...

sewhere the panels can easily be unlocked and work just fine on any other c entral station, I should know I unlocked many over the years.

Depends on the panel, with Honeywell no I doubt few companies did at least I never heard of them doing it, GE/ITI/Interlogix yes very possible and it did happen

ve what you wish

op of her emails, the " (C) " ,actually meant " CLASSIFIED ", because she w as only a very lowly Secretary of State.

Nope afraid not as I was involved with creating our version of the panels b ut again believe what you wish

Nope was never an installer, you must have missed Jim's colorful descriptio n of me

Reply to
mleuck

hone line can be taken over.

king asshole.

s in the bowels of a monitoring company and only sees this trade through a tiny window to the world. He installed a few alarm systems years and years ago, didn't do so well at that and since has been captured yet enraptured by is own incompetenc to judging what others should do based on his limited knowledge of the trade.

s an obsolete format. The problem is old guys like you haven't figured that out yet and I doubt ever will

be promoted or used instead of newer technology ....... it's just an altern ate tool to use if necessary. Same with pots lines. Some installers will us e them because they have no other choice ... some will use them till they c an't be used anymore and then they'll go to the next best thing. How many i nstallers are using VoIP, thinking it's just a reliable as Pots lines used to be? It's just the way things go in this and in any trade.

No it's an out of date format no longer promoted by most manufacturers many no longer even including it, ITI/GE/Interlogix quit including it back in t he late 90's, 2GIG around 8 years ago and Qolsys around 5 years. DSC dumped it when they released the Neo

It's only use is to pacify old timers who a. don't know any better and b. d on't want to know any better

old panels out there that only use 4/2 format that are still working and th e customers don't want to or can't afford to upgrade their systems. Sure, I can switch them to cellular at no or little expense, but the format is goi ng to remain 4/2 if the expense it to great.

2 years now? wow you sure are up to date

ood job or not, I'm sure you would tell those people that they had to upgr ade or your would drop them as a customer ..... Right? We'll ..... you see idiot, it just don't work that way. Installers plight is to get customers, and keep them happy in order to make a living. These are the clients that have been good customers for years and years, who pay regularly and very se ldom have a problem. Yeah .... I know. But because it's so inconvenient for the central station to receive 4/2 format, I should just tell them to f*ck off.

Or upgrade their panel to something more recent but that stuff is hard isn' t it?

a f****ng dungeon and make judgement on the installation trade with your li mited experience. You can't appreciate what's happening outside in the worl d when you can only use your limited field experience and your only source of input is what you see from a central station. You only see the trade thr ough I tiny window and think that you think that that's all there is and yo u think that qualifies you to be able to tell people who work with the publ ic every day, what they should and shouldn't do. ......

You never have known what my experience is

ny regard for what provides necessary results for installers. Realize that you're not important enough to pay attention to. It's your job to make the best of what comes into your central.

Why yes it is my job to make the best of what comes into the central statio n, why would it not be anyone's goal? Try working in one someday you'll und erstand

$50.00 scramblers become commonly available. Then what?

Yes a burglar who isn't smart enough to do anything other than kick in the front door is going to buy an illegal jammer and have some fun

Good luck getting one of those $50.00 units to work, I've seen what they do and its very unlikely they will do anything other than screw with the burg lar's cell phone

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.