Request help on enrolling Ademco key fob with First Alert system

Our house has a 13-year old First Alert FA140C master system with FA210KP keypads. We later had an Ademco 5881 wireless receiver added with an Ademco

5804 key fob. All programming was done by the alarm service that provided the equipment.

Our 5804 key fob failed so I bought a new one from Safemart. Now I need to enroll it. Unfortunately, I have only the owner's manual for the FA140C and the fob and wireless physical installation manuals - no programming manual. I do have the system master code and some notes on the five zones established. I believe that I need to get the wireless unit into a "listening" mode and then press the key fob buttons.

I've looked everywhere on the web for more detailed info without success. Does anyone know of a source for the First Alert programming manuals (if this would help) or have any other advice on how I can do this myself?

Thanks

Sparkz \\fs17

Reply to
sparkz
Loading thread data ...

keypads. We later had an Ademco 5881 wireless receiver added with an Ademco

5804 key fob. All programming was done by the alarm service that provided the equipment.

enroll it. Unfortunately, I have only the owner's manual for the FA140C and the fob and wireless physical installation manuals - no programming manual. I do have the system master code and some notes on the five zones established. I believe that I need to get the wireless unit into a "listening" mode and then press the key fob buttons.

Does anyone know of a source for the First Alert programming manuals (if this would help) or have any other advice on how I can do this myself?

If your system is monitored, you should be calling your service company to enroll the keypad. If they locked out the control, you won't be able to get into programming without the installer code. The programming manual is available through Jim Rojas at

formatting link
but having it without access to installer level programming isn't going to get you very far. Good luck!

Reply to
Frank Olson

keypads. We later had an Ademco 5881 wireless receiver added with an Ademco

enroll it. Unfortunately, I have only the owner's manual for the FA140C and the fob and wireless physical installation manuals - no programming manual. I do have the system master code and some notes on the five zones established. I believe that I need to get the wireless unit into a "listening" mode and then press the key fob buttons.

Does anyone know of a source for the First Alert programming manuals (if this would help) or have any other advice on how I can do this myself?

Have you tried replacing the battery in the keyfob???

Reply to
Frank Olson

My condolences on your system. There are few things worse than an Ademco system, one of them is a re-branded Ademco system.

Enough with the sarcasm though... Unfortunately, you'll need a different type of keypad to get through the programming.

Yes, you need to enroll it. No, there is no listening mode to make things easy. The owners manual will be of no help to you on this, nor will the master code (unless this is also the installers code).

You may not have much luck finding the correct manuals for this system online. Partially because it's an antique and partially the programming manuals are not meant for the end user. This link may be of help, it's not quite the right system but I don't think it's far off...

formatting link
In the end though, you only have two real options... call a local alarm company to get this programmed and tested for you... or hope that someone here (like Jim) is having a good day and will be able to work with you in downloading the programming remotely.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.