Help with DSC Power832 system

Hello,

I need help with my home alarm system.

I want to add a new zone the my current alarm system,a DSC Power832 system with two keypads and no extended modules. I currently have 6 zones installed. Zones 1 to 5 are IR and door contacts while zone 6 is linked to a smoke detector.

I want to add a door contact to a new zone, zone 7, but I am unable to make it work. I first tested my door contact by using it instead of an already working one (zone 1). It worked fine. I went to the zone definition menu (*8, installer code, 001, then 01,02, up to 07 where is assigned it the code 01. I wanted it to be a delayed entry like my front door, but nothing happened. Surprisingly, the zone 7 and 8 where set to 03 (instant) instead 00 (Null Zone). No wires are connected to those two zones...

I also played with the zone attributes (107), by setting them to

1,2,3,4. But still, nothing. I open or close the contact, and nothing happens (the system is always ready, no chimes...)

Another strange thing is that in the bypass menu, only the zones 1 to

6 are displayed. I can't see the zone 7 or 8. I looked in the DSC documentation to see if there is a way to disable zones, but I can't see anything.

Does someone has a solution to my problem?

Thank you

Martin

Reply to
Martin Forget
Loading thread data ...

Go to section 202 and make sure zone 7 light is on.

Jim Rojas

Mart> Hello,

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
Roland Moore

ker-snip

You felt compelled to post this even after Rojas's correct yet simple answer? js

Reply to
alarman

Maybe he thought this guy is an engineer or a jepardary contestant...he may have required the answer to be in the form of a question... :)

Jim Rojas

alarman wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

ker-snip

You felt compelled to post this even after Rojas's correct yet simple answer? js

Reply to
Roland

Enough carping. But just for the halibut, clam up, will ya? js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.