Hayes Accura 336 vs Compass

Does anyone know a modem string that will allow a Hayes Accura 336 + fax modem to work with Compass software. The string that is in the software for the Accura 336 accesses the modem but tells me the modem is not responding. Any help would be appreciated.

Makarthur

Reply to
Mak
Loading thread data ...

The string in the software is for an Optima 33.6 not an Accura, yours will not work

Reply to
mleuck

I would just buy the Ademco CIA modem. Works perfectly, and can be used for Napco, DSC, ITI, GE, etc...it's worth the $140 price tag.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Can you post the string you are sending now?

I'm not familiar with Compass, but a reasonable guess is that either the response format is set wrong (numbers vs. text), or the manner in which DTR is used is incorrect. Obvious commands to try are ATV0Q0X1 which you can try out in Hyperterminal, or (software of your choice). Just be sure your Compass software doesn't overwrite your values or ATZ the modem (reset).

Could also be an Echo problem, but I doubt it. ATE0 or ATE1 should rule out that possibility.

You can short pins 2 & 3 on the modem for a loopback test. That will at least rule out the modem's UART electronics as one possible problem. The Hayes Accura 336 is a very capable modem. I'm sure it will do what you want. You just have to play with it to decipher the strings.

On the plus side, the Hayes command set is very well documented. Shouldn't take too long to get it going.. Famous last words?

Good luck.

Reply to
Mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.