Ge Concord Panel

I installed my first Concord panel the other day but I do not like the keypad. The keypad is a LCD but it does not show the open zones or if its ready to arm unless I try to arm it.. What am I missing?

James

Reply to
J Barnes
Loading thread data ...

Turn on the door chimes and it will

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thank's

I will turn the chime on tommorrow. Is there a different keypad that will show this automaticaly?

James

Reply to
J Barnes

No it seems to be a function of the panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

My company installs mainly Concords... Here's the low-down: If you have a fixed message LCD keypad, the green ready light will go out if a zone is open. If you have an alpha keypad, there are no lights, just a flashing asterisk (*) to show an abnormal condition. In either case, press the asterisk (*) key to show faulted zones, abnormal conditions, etc.

NOTE: Turning on the chime will cause an abnormality that even GE shrugs at. With a fixed message keypad and the chime is turned on, then a hard-wired door is tripped, the green ready light will not go out, but a message displaying which zone is open will appear. Once the message times out, THEN the green ready light will go out. This same effect goes when closing the zone too. Close the zone, the light stays out until the "zone closed" message expires. Strange part: this effect does not apply to wireless zones.

My supervisor (an expert in his own mind) argued about this effect for hours until I proved it to him on three seperate systems. Kept claiming "bad board".... bad supervisor! No cookie for you!!! .......... sorry... off on a tangent..... ;)

Reply to
S. Smith

Maybe GE should stick to making dishwashers and light bulbs.

| > James | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I got a GE washer and dryer that works well.

Reply to
Chub

All my light bulbs are "Sylvania". GE makes a couple of really nice gas turbines (a few of them even have after-burner). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Me too except on the dryer I have to turn on my doorchime or the washing machine will go into alarm :-))))

| >

| >

| > | > James | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I couldn't have said it better myself Crash........ :-(

Reply to
Russell Brill

There's a lot of killer stuff they are doing that's not out yet, might be sometime this year

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Have you determined whether the drier is pet resistant?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.