GE Concord Express question

Hey

Serviced a Concord Express today, got all bad zones closed up ok.

Owner doesn't have any codes and the one installed keypad is NOT a programming keypad, so I don't know if I can get into programming or not. The company that installed it is LONG gone and they never contacted the homeowner (it was a builder installed system). I doubt I or they will invest in a programming keypad though.

Problem 2 - keypad is displaying ZONE 7 Supervisory and keypad sometimes beeps 3x every minute. There are no smokes installed. There are 6 hardwired zones and are now all in normal state. What the heck is Zone 07? I cant find any reference in the install manual...so I was thinking maybe a battery trouble...Nope...threw a new battery on there while I was fixing other things.

Help.

I will probably end up pulling this panel and kp, but still would like to know what the trouble is before 86ing it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
scroll down to ITI Concord Express, download the user manual, see if that helps any..

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Thanks Rocky,

It helped a little...it's shorter and easier to read than the GE version manual, but still doesn't define what Zone 07 Supervisory is when there isn't a zone 7.

Thanks! That site IS a good resource for user manuals though!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you send me the board, I can remove the dealer, download access, and utility code. This will then allow remote downloading & diagnostics on the panel.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> Hey

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Maybe...but for barely more than postage (slightly exaggerated) I can just replace it with a 10p and 6148 and be outta there in 1 hr. - and this is a rental house they own so it won't ever be monitored so hardly worth too much effort. Im basically just trying to help them out on this one.

I'm more curious about the Zone 07 supervisory, when zone 7 doesn't exist...any idea on that?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It's hard to say. Make sure zone 7 has the proper EOL. Sometimes is isn't used, but still active. Check the EOL. If all else fails, try powering down the panel, so it can do a bus scan.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> Maybe...but for barely more than postage (slightly exaggerated) I can just

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Crash, if theres no zone connections then I guess its monitoring some feature of the panel, ie.. telephone line voltage, siren load connection (or diode) some odd ball thing like that.. RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Hi Crash,

Any zone above six is wireless.... There maybe a wireless smoke, or door/window transmitter somewhere... Supervisory means it missed more than two check in reports... Probably started as a Low Battery, the Graduated to being AWOL :-))............. You will need a programming keypad to delete the bad sensor, that 10P kit is probably starting to look pretty good right now...........

Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

A light in the darkness. js

Reply to
alarman

that's the issue...there is no zone 7 terminals on this board :-)...it's 6 zones out of the box unless (I believe) you add a HIM module.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

thought of that...it doesn't monitor the siren, it does monitor some aux sounder but that's not installed....it never was monitored so if it were monitoring telco voltage it would have been doing this for 4 years.

sigh..

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hmmm, Crash must have me Filtered??????????????

Reply to
Russell Brill

Yah I thought about that...seeing the chickenshit wire antenna...but there isn't anything wireless that I could find (within my allotted 1 hour)....good to know about what 7 could be though!

it wouldn't be a keyfob then right...that wouldn't be supervised.

the house is so small, and was wired when it was built so it's hard to imagine wireless somewhere and all the wired windows/doors/PIR work...but I'll look again as we are pulling out the panel :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

oh...maybe a wireless smoke that's been stolen by the tenants !!!!! I'll have to look for evidence of a missing smokey.

that's gotta be it !!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

yah...ain't gonna buy a programming keypad, even if I tried to sell it to them...the house is so small there'd be no useful place to put it!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It could have been a wireless Stationary Panic that's supervised........ Also, if the house has a detached garage, take a peek there........... but really, why beat your head against the wall, you don't support that product line, Sooooo just tell the customer it's toast and install the 10P :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

The programming keypad can be used by you over and over on different ITI/GE products... It plug into the motherboard........... I think the 10P is looking better and better by the minute...... It (the 10P) will keep you sane........

Reply to
Russell Brill

The wireless xmtr is probably missing, hence the sup.

Reply to
alarman

NO...just reading is thread order

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yep...just spoke to her, told her she'd have to buy the keypad plus labor blah blah blah...or a 10p with a keypad for really really cheap :-)

Even if she bought the programming keypad...could we get into programming without any of the codes? Do I want to mess with it...no...just curious.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.