Florida Statute According to RLB

Silence can have strange effects, Jim. It is that which some people fear most.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

Interesting point. I would think that with nine years of training the investigators would act to stop the alleged violations (supposidly reported to the state by various posters here over the years) . Seeing how they haven't I would guess that the alleged violations are not valid, or the state of Florida just doesn't care about actual enforcement. As for alarm contracting, the statute I read states that an alarm contractor is one who engages in a contract for compensation. With no contract or no compensation, the state probably has no case (probably why they never act on the issue). As for the electrical part, I doubt that much has changed in the last couple of years since I read thru the applicable statutes. Back then a license was needed if a person was performing actual wiring installation/maintaince, or directing the activities of those performing actual wiring installation/maintaince. Since you are very familiar with the subject, post up a link that shows that this has changed.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

I'll assume you're kidding.

OK Matlock, how does that exempt rlb?

most intelligent thing you've said so far. ;)

Reply to
Don

Reply to
I brive a dus

Repeat after me, Si:

**Contractor** as defined in Websters Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary: "one that contracts or is party to a contract: as in one that contracts to perform work or provide supplies on a large scale"

**Contract** as defined in Websters Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary: "a business arrangement for the supply of certain goods or services at a fixed price"

Was that so hard!

Jesus H. Christ! Bass is right. There must be a bunch of high school drop outs in this trade because they are sure not proving any different here. Try reading and more importantly understanding what you are reading for once!

And the statute says a contract (read the definition again just incase you forgot it already) that is expressed or implied.....do you know what that means? Do you think RBL just might get paid (compensation) for his goods and/or services or is it out of the goodness of his heart?

Drop it Don. Comments, like Si's above, prove what I expected from some here. I often wonder how most run their entire business from the dash board of their 82' Jitney van full of magnetic signs.

From the comments here lately, it is very obvious that there are some here that are simply anti regulation, don't like it, don't want it, don't see a need for it and will debate it to death. If you are from a jurisdiction that requires it, hope you never have to take it your debate to court.

Have a Happy New Year!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Yes. I believe that is exactly the case with the asshole. No attention = no joy. js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
I brive a dus

Post the link where you read your interpetation and I'll show you where it changed. Since you posted the wrong statute to begin with, I have know idea where to start. I don't know where you would have read it. As far as RBL and the enforcement goes, keep up with the thread. I have already said, the state wouldn't do anything on their own. He stepped on someone's toes a year ago and got investigated. He slipped by on that one. They must, by law, investigate complaints, but he is really not a threat to the health, safety and welfare of the public as stated in the statute to be a big concern to them. In other words he isn't worth the time or money. His BBB report may come to their attention by wat of a consumer complaint. Again, I don't give two rats asses about his activities, just his over inflated ego. I have been asked to stop since it is boring. I don't if it was his activities or his ego that is boring, but either way I heard what they said.

Professional

Tallahassee.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Someone needs to send Bass a new box of adult diapers. I am sure he has gone through the last ones he had crapping his pants laughing so hard and you guys.

Reply to
Roland

Come on Tom, your rant is OK, I am a big boy, but don't go over board. I've read your posts for some time now and have "never" chose to debate or comment on your line of thinking. I think we are somewhat on the same page. We may not agree on something but a statement like that is unnecessary.

He is a parts reseller for god sakes. He isn't in our industry and I have said that over and over, so you don't need to go there either.

You didn't. If you were so interested in protecting the

Didn't have to. Some other contractor did and RLB stopped doing what the complaint cited with no penalty to RLB. So now what?

Debate interpetation only to receive more insults for him. Is that what you are talking about? Gluttin' for punishment, I guess.

Typical for someone in a position of power (or formerly in a

Long enough to know what I am talking about, just to answer your question :o]

Done after this post. All you had to do is ask nice.

Parts re-seller you mean.

then step away from the keyboard and learn how to

I am not going to debate that issue with you. You can debate "no response" when it comes to you and then we will see what your area comes up with to keep yourselves in business.

What?

You're someone who is out to make a buck and will do what it

Where did that come from?

My issue has less to do with him operating legally or

For instance?

Didn't I just mention that in an earlier post?

What do you care? As long as they pay their licensing fees

I agree. There is no problem there. It is a constant battle. That is government for you. Make a law and there are some that will get around it useing previous written laws. It is a bitch but true. But that is anywhere Tom and you know that.

Not at all. It isn't about where the money went. But we all know him and/or you. The jabbing will start again. I don't have any doubt.

I am a big boy, if that is your feeling that is OK. I am sure at some point down the road your thoughts on this issue will be history and we will have a civil conversation again. I am not upset about anything here.

You will

Oh believe me, I know. That is why I said what I said.

Nor do I. You didn't see any ill wishes come from my computer about him, did you?

Not true. I am pretty quiet until insulted for no reason. Then yep, I get vocal. This whole thing started, if you look back, when Roland ask "why hasn't someone done something". I simply said they did. It was ancient history and RLB got his panties in a wad and started spewing insults.

ISTR you making brownies and playing pattycakes with Robert after

With all that it is obvious it still went over your head, but you asked me to drop it, so I will. Unlike your admittance here, I am not the vendictive type to go file these petty complaints. All these debates have been over his and my interpetations of the statute and interpetations only. Never once have I threatened to file a complaint. The click save file thing is nothing more than kicks and giggles. He is always talking about showing the investigators his files. You do have a sense of humor don't you. I don't make threats. I am to old for that. In fact I have said why I don't. You said yourself it is a waste of time and you are right. He is a parts reseller and not worth the State's efforts. I can't help it if you and others miss the point of ball busting. And to set the record straight, it was one lead. RLB was playing nice back than and I, in return, do the same. He starts getting insulting, for no reason, and all bet are off as I have seen you do, as ISTR. With that being said, I hope you feel better now that your constipation filled my screen. I just said I needed a new computer. I guess years of cronyism, regardless of the playground ass slappin, on this NG, has shown its colors. Go ahead, you can politely tell me to Fuck off. :o]

May 2007 be a productive year for you and a healthy and happy one for your family! Have a Happy New Year Tom.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I could also be construed as "ignoring" the individual... Much like the MI5 jerk and Wireless Willy...

Which is why posts like Stanley's and Doug L's (and even this one) should be repeated (bumped) every once in a while...

Not necessarily. "Some" may just decide that all they're here for is to "dig" through the "manure" looking for the "gems". Tom's right. The whole thing's starting to sound lame. After eight (?) years, what have we got to show? This has always been a forum for professionals. Some of us "regulars" may be getting a little "crotchety" in our "old age", but to post material that's just as "malicious, spiteful and vicious" isn't going to accomplish much (and hasn't in the past). It's all about "balance", Grasshopper (at least that's what I've learned over the years here). When Robert continues to make these odd "remarks" which incorporate screen names and no one "responds", it makes it fairly obvious just who's "poking" the I-Beehive.

And so what! He's here to do one thing, and with his history on Usenet, I doubt he's making much progress here on that front (although he likes to "boast" that he is). Give the man enough rope and he'll hang himself. He's on a short leash as it is.

He hasn't been able to take his Usenet attacks on me or you "real life", and that just bugs the hell out of him. But even that's not the "topper". He was kissing Worthy's ass for the longest time and look at what's happened. He's so desperate to hang on to what little "approval" he gets here, he's even willing to sit down with RHC and feed him Brazilian Barbeque knowing full well he'll be regailed with more ADT takeover stories than the number of "perfect pairs" sunning in St. Tropez on a hot July afternoon.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You noticed how he stays out of it while others have seemed to jump to the same misunderstanding as he has, did ya? But I promised I would get out of it, so I am done with this thread. Bye!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

No, pretty easy. No contract > not a contractor. If RLB is not engaging in legally recognized contracts, he isn't a contractor per the applicable statute. Your dictionary definition of contract is not applicable to the statute, otherwise any business in Florida that sells goods or services would need a contractors license. Walmart would need a contractor license to sell an electrical outlet box if it is sitting on the shelf with a $1 price tag on it, as it implys a business agreement to sell me the outlet box for $1 if I give walmart the $1.

If a contract isn't explictly expressed or implied, one doesn't exist, or would be extremely hard to prove (your dime in civil court). You are off into fanticy thinking now as you probably are not party to any interaction with RLB where any type of contract is expressed or implied. If you are, post up the relevant info.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

All the pertinant Florida statutes I read were on line, and appear to still be there at the below link. I used the search function here which found what I needed at the time. You admit that RLB has been investigated and the investigation appaerntly found nothing. If the state ignores actual violations, they would be assuming part of any liability that might arise as a result of ignoring the violation, which I doubt they intentionally do. What RLB did years ago to upset "the business", as best as I remember, was to publish equipment prices which showed how much "the business" was over charging customers for the equipment they were purchasing. It really upset the "good old boy" alarm dealers that were tripple pricing the equipment they sold to customers.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Show the contracts RLB has engaged in. I think your BS grinder is starting to over heat.

So use it to teach your wife and kids to talk. ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

I live in a gated community so he couldn't ring my doorbell. Besides, with all the after affects of surgery plus months of chemotherapy, I can barely walk across the street without getting winded right now. I'd just have him arrested and deported (assuming they don't still have warrants out for him from before he fled the USA years ago).

out of business. He can duck the laws by moving his virtual business from State to State or to another country...

No need. Florida law is just fine for a DIY store.

I didn't realise that was a real place. What's it like? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

if you click on the tab to pay for the stuff you buy from the website then you are engaging in a contract with the people to sell you the equipment.

according to you all we have to do is tell the our cusomers we want cash and won't sign anything and we can all do business without a license. Ya that'll work...for awhile.

Reply to
Don

Bob never said that. Yes, RLB was investigated. Coincidental to that same investigation, he stopped selling monitoring services. What he does now is provide a link to a third party monitoring agency for anyone interested in having that done. He used to contract for those services directly. He will, of course, deny that discontinuing this recurring revenue stream had anything to do with the Florida Attorney General's investigation. He will instead insist that the whole idea wasn't generating the "income stream" he expected (or some such nonsense).

There isn't a single alarm company that I know of that "tripple prices" equipment (unless of course you're referring to an *installed* price rather than a price for just the equipment).

Reply to
Frank Olson

I contributed a very small sum because I thought you were doing something good for the hungry. If I were able to I'd have done more. I did not then nor do I now expect that to make any difference in your opinion of my business. We have always been at opposite ends of the spectrum in this trade. No problem.

True.

Correct. Anyone who knows me knows that I've never budged from what I believe in order to gain a "pal" in any newsgroup. I say what I beleive and if others don't like it, well olson them.

Presumably others here also helped (hopefully) more than I me.

Actually, though we still disagree about most things regarding the trade, you've earned some respect from me (and not from things related to this thread). I'm not expecting any walks in the moonlight but a grudging respect is in order. Whether you think the same is up to you.

But a successful one.

Same here. Prior nastiness is water over the dam. Screw that. (there, you got me to say it).

Yep. As long as he thought there were a few bucks in it for him he played nice. Once that ended he started kicking and giggling (strange behavior for a grown man, but this *is* ASA. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Let's see... I was five weeks old and had a "rap sheet" as long as my diaper when I left the US. At the time, I wasn't a full fledged member of the "Apfelstrudel" Gang, but now, I am. So be careful. "Gated communities" aren't a problem for a nicely lettered pastry truck. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.