DVR solution?

Is there a cost effective DVR that will do 4 cameras, with features to record on motion detection, limit the time of recording.? Where is a good online store to start to figure out what I can buy to do this?

Maybe other value added features like alarms to pC or email, stuff like that? I would only view via 1 of 4 pcs in my house and not need or want a montior.

Hoping for a least cost solution to have 2- 3 outdoor day/night IR cameras to view the front and back of my home. Something that I can view from my computer which is the house via my IP network. One of the cameras should be able to view about 50' at night. I suppose Ive asked enough to know that this will be a DVR based solution with analog camera.

Thanks for the tips!

Reply to
trs80
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
trs80

I use the Dedicated Micros ECO 4 System. Have not had any problems with it.

formatting link

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

thanks Eco4 is $1600. not my idea of an economical DVR.

Reply to
trs80

The unit he described is a the lower end of the market. If you think that is bad, these are a lot worse price wise, but a lot better feature wise.

formatting link
The above units are solid and a dealer could help you set them up and stand behind them if you had a problem. In other words the low end of professional grade.

There are plenty of other DVR units at the lowest end of the junk grade.

formatting link
anyone else with a garage and Asian friend that can speak the lingo to help him by grabber cards from Korean or Taiwanese vendors and stick them in a machine and send them out the door.
formatting link
or a bunch more like them end up being sold at places like this:
formatting link
The units above would be where a dealer might say kiss my behind, you set it up, and may say the same if you have a problem. If you buy the low end junk you might not get what you've paid for, but you'll pay for what you get.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
trs80

I just set up a 4 chanel Clover DVR with remote at my place. Sams club for

300 dollars. So far so good with it. The picture is clear over a slow dsl line. It has ptz control on it also. Dave
Reply to
<noweldrecumbent2

Hey, I just purchased a Clover DVR (17" All in One), but having a heck of a time getting it to connect over the Internet to view remotely. Sounds like you got it to work over you DSL? Clover support doesn't seem to respond, and being a reasonably smart PC/Networking guy and playing with this for several days, I still get the dreaded "DVR not found!" error in the Clover software. Curious what router you're using, etc. Thanks for any insight you can send my way!

Tys> I just set up a 4 chanelCloverDVR with remote at my place. Sams club for

Reply to
tysonjm

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com inspired greatness with:

Since professionals don't use Clover stuff you're not likely to find anyone here that has seen it in action.

Is there a port that needs to be opened for the unit to work over IP?

Reply to
Sock Puppet

trs80 said: thanks Eco4 is $1600. not my idea of an economical DVR.

How many of your 4 computers are "economical"?

Reply to
I brive a dus

The 4 Ch clover with a 160Gig Drive was 299 Sams Club before tax. Dave

Reply to
<noweldrecumbent2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.