Warning

Do not open RLB post dated 12/22/06 @ 3:37 PM to the "free estimate" thread. It may contain a virus.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

There's no binary attached to his message and, therefore, no virus. It's just a cut and paste of some Florida statute that's 5000 lines long. Reading Usenet with a web browser or email program that automatically launches attachments can be dangerous to your PC's health. A dedicated newsreader with the ability to actually see what you are doing might be a worthy investment.

Reply to
J. Sloud

If you got the clap from Bass don't tell us how. If it is a computer virus or worm etc. tell us which one of the billions out there it actually is. I haven't opened the RLB post dated 12/22/06 @ 3:37 PM, but nothing has showed up yet on this machine.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Worthy doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. The post contains a copy of the Florida statute, taken directly from myflorida.com.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You are using the below MS news reader (from your post header) which is probably dangerous.

X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409 X-Mimeole: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Since I never open attachments and I have it set to display read posts as plain text, I'm not worried. Also, I don't browse the kind of websites where you're most likely to pick up a virus. I run McAfee as well. Nothing is 100% secure but so far so good.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nope. no such animal (or virus). Scopes clear, Murgetroyd... Surface, surface...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Could tell anything, the post froze up my computer and there was an attachment along with it. After all the back and forth that day, and with his threats of hitting back, I didn't know what to expect.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

"Get rid of the Dell." :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

It isn't. Custom made piece of crap. I do need a new one, no doubt. Any suggestions?

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

WARNING!!! RLB is living in your computer, and he sneaks out and watches you while you sleep at night! ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

So, does that make Bass a virus, or a worm?

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Reply to
Roland Moore

None of the above..

his a dead POS

Reply to
Petem

L'extrémité de Robert peut-elle venir trop tôt pour toi ? Il est le meilleur pour que Dieu décide.

Reply to
Roland

you really should not use those online translator..

here's the output from your sentence back to English

Can the extremity of Robert come too much early for you? It is the best so that God decides.

I don't care about any of bAss extremity...

"Roland" a écrit dans le message de news:

4594746f$0$2305$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...
Reply to
Petem

From Pidgin to English:

Can the end of Robert come too early for you? It is the best to let God decide that.

Reply to
Roland Moore

One wonders how someone can live with himself while so fixated on another man's death. How sad.

He has already decided. One thing living with cancer has taught me is to plan for a long life but live every day like it's my last. My sweetheart and I made a list of things we've always wanted to do and we're doing each one as time and finances allow.

This year we took time off to visit some family members who we don't often see. We also visited orphanages and set up a fund to support two of them. Next year we're going to samba dance in Carnaval, travel by boat into the Amazon jungle and (if we can fit it in) visit Italy and Portugal.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I was using an online translator to show you what a good job it did...so don't tell me I was using pidgin English.. LOL

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news:

45954cce$0$2251$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...
Reply to
Petem

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: qNqdnUBTM-oDFgjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Snip the BS

Its the same fixation kids have,when they wait for Santa,s....LOL

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.