FBII XL-2 question

The keypad arms the system (by entering the user code ... the arm light comes on) but no alarm sounds when the house is entered. The strange thing is that "instant + stay + user code" works as expected.. This system was in the house when I moved here and no documentation is available. The keypads are XL4600SMs.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Charles Schuler
Loading thread data ...

Did you wait for the exit delay to expire?? It's usually sixty seconds (but could be anything between 30 and 120 seconds). If you arm the system using "instant + stay + user code" there is no exit delay as the system assumes no one's going to be leaving. Also, check to make sure that any motion sensor you have is working by opening and closing the exit door after you arm the system with just the code. The reason for this is that if the zone is set up as a "stay/away/follower" it will automatically bypass unless the exit door is cycled open then closed. Good luck!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Open up the main control panel and check the wiring connections to the siren. If the wiring seems to be intact, remove the siren wires and place it across the battery. If the siren now works, check the bell fuse if it has one. Fuses can be tested using a VOM meter for continuity. If the siren fails to work, locate the siren and check the connections. You can remove the siren and then test it across the battery. If now works, then it is likely that you may have a broken wire somewhere.

Good Luck

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yes, I waited. No motion sensors.

Thanks Frank ... I guess it is some sort of problem with the main panel. Can I buy one?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Thanks Jim. The sirens work (instant - stay mode).

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Then I suspect the zones may be programmed incorrectly, or your siren timeout may be set to zero. I can remote download your system and take a peek at the programming if you like.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335 Cell

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks Jim. There is no phone line connected. There is a phone jack in the same room with the control panel, so I suppose I could make up a temporary connection.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

That's fine. Call me when you are ready.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I reset the system which should load the factory defaults but nothing changed (other than losing my code ... which I restored with "1234"). I am fairly certain the panel is defective.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I am going to replace the system. I have found GE kits and similar offerings on the Internet. I want only user monitoring ... not interested in any subscription arrangements. Any recommendations?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.