Ademco Vista twice user code

Anyone knows why at an Ademco Vista 12D needs the user (every user) to put the user code twice in order to arm? i.e. code 2 (one beep) + again code 2 in order to arm away. The same for stay arm etc... That happens suddenly in one of my clients and via compass didn't mention anything strange... Any s uggestions? Thank in advance! Spyros Thessaloniki - Greece

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Maybe there is a silent zone that is faulted and you have to code twice to force arm?

Just a wild guess.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

P.S. Atleast they are checking that they are arming it. I had a customer's house sitter fail to arm their alarm all summer long. He would make sure everything was clear, open the door, punch in the code, and when he heard the "rejection tones" he would run out and close the door. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

?? ???????, 1 ?? ???????? 2013 4:28:19 ?. . UTC+3, ? ??????? Bob La Londe ??????:

:-) you are right! it's a common fault with an open zone someone to believe that the system is armed! Anyway i check it form compass and i've no hidde n zones. The "problem" started suddenly... Any possible to be a tel line fa ult? (but there is no a present fault, but they used to have phone line pro blems in the near past...)

Reply to
spyros

Anyone knows why at an Ademco Vista 12D needs the user (every user) to > >

ns > > >> suddenly in one of my clients and via compass didn't mention anyt hing > > >> strange... Any suggestions? > > >> Thank in advance! Spyros The ssaloniki - Greece > > >> :-) you are right! it's a common fault with an op en zone someone to believe that the system is armed! Anyway i check it form compass and i've no hidden zones. The "problem" started suddenly... Any po ssible to be a tel line fault? (but there is no a present fault, but they u sed to have phone line problems in the near past...)

I don't know how the Vista panels work but I know on some panels after an a larm or trouble you have to enter your code to clear the keypad. Then to ar m it you have to enter your code again. Make sure the customer is checking the kepad before they arm it to make sure there isn't a trouble or alarm co ndition.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.