DSC Power 632 DIY questions

I bought and wired up this kit from SmartHome:

formatting link
The PC1555MX (AKA Power 632) seems to have the same programming as the DSC 5010 Power 832. I've spent quite a bit of time reading past posts in the newsgroup. However, I'm stuck on a handful of items:

1. The toughest one is getting panel feedback. While the keypad does give the binary value of the first digit when in programming mode, the emergency keys do not move to the next digit as the Installation manual states. So while I would love to give the actual panel data, I haven't found a way to retrieve it.

1. Stay mode doesn't work as advertised. I currently have 4 doors zoned as Delay 1 and one motion sensor as Interior. Stay mode does bypass the motion sensor. However, the doors are still on delay in Stay mode. How can I program the panel to give an instant alarm when a Delay 1 door is violated in Stay mode?

2. I wired the telephone jack using some instructions that Robert Bass posted in this newsgroup a while ago. The phone line seems to be properly hooked up because I'm no longer getting a fault for TLM once I reactivated it. I have had no luck in getting pager mode to work. Following a post here I programmed sections 160, 310, 310, 360, and 365 with reasonable data. I also added the D before the telephone number and a handful of E's after. I'm working on a direct dial right now. According to the installation instructions, selecting *6 then 4 activates the alarm and all keypad indicators for 2 seconds, then is supposed to send a communications status via the telephone. The first two items occur as described. However, the phone never rings. I did program the system status code and a reasonable account number for the first telephone number.

Any help with these items would be greatly appreciated. Also if there's a post in the newsgroup somewhere that I may have missed, a pointer to it would be welcome.

Thanks,

BAJ

Reply to
bjeff65
Loading thread data ...

It's best to just repeat what you've entered and make sure you've programmed the correct data that way.

Stay *instant* will only activate if you press (*), (9), and your four digit code.

If the system isn't monitored try entering a code for the programmed test transmission. If you leave this field as "FF" when you've activated the "Pager" option, the panel won't transmit anything. If you don't want it calling you except for in an emergency then leave this field blank ("FF"). If you program burg and fire zones to transmit a signal, arm the system and trip it. It should dial out to your pager then.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll test out your suggestions immediately.

BAJ

Reply to
bjeff65

What format are you using? I'd suggest CID, your pager will display 6 numbers, a 4 digit account code and 2 digit CID code. You have to program the code you want the panel to send in zone section. I use D and EEEB after the area code and number for my commercial pager. Tedious to program by keypad... suck up to a dealer here to download it, are you local to 613 741- (that's me) Just change your installer code after the download.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

The fire keys move to the next digit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I tried the fire keys. No response. Do they need to programmed somehow?

I also have an update on the telephone interface. No dice. I experimented with with download interface by configuring the panel to initiate a user selected dialout. The dialer did not cut out the phone that the panel is connected to.

I wired the panel directly to the telephone network interface, bypassing the RJ-31X jack. I'm clearer on the purpose of the jack. However, it should not have affected the operation of the panel dialer. As shown in the installer diagram, I wired the incoming tip/ring from the central office to the tip/ring on the panel and wired the R1/T1 lines back to the network interface and then to the phones. The phones work fine, but no luck on the dialer.

Any suggestions?

BAJ

Reply to
bjeff65

Check section 380 option 1, is your communicator enabled? Yes, then check

302, do you have your pager telephone # programmed here? Yes, then check 311, have you programmed an account code for the second telephone number? Yes, then check 360, have you programmed 05 for your second telephone number (pager) format? Yes, then check 361 through 368 - "Communicator Call Directions" note that for ALL signals, sending to the 2nd telephone number is disabled by default. If you have all these signals enabled to send to the 2nd (pager) number then check 370 - swinger shutdown limits, perhaps nothing will send because you are over the limit. .Make sure your panel time is set as the swinger will reset either on arm/disarm or at midnight. Watch out for your communicator format esp. with regards to section 381 i.e. Programmed vs. Automatic reporting codes. "Programmed reporting codes", whether Contact IDor SIA will not attempt to dial if 00 or FF is programmed (default) for any signal Lastly, RTFM especially 5.9 Pager Format:

The Communicator Format option for either telephone number

can be programmed as Pager format. If an event occurs and

the Communicator Call Direction options direct the call to a

telephone number with the Pager Format selected, the panel

will attempt to page.

When calling a pager, extra digits will be required in order for

the format to function properly. The following is a list of Hex

digits and the functions they perform:

Hex [B] - simulates the [*] key on a touch tone telephone

Hex [C] - simulates the [#] key on a touch tone telephone

Hex [D] - forces the panel to search for dial tone

Hex [E] - two second pause

Hex [F] - marks the end of the telephone number

The panel will attempt to call the pager once. Once the appropriate

telephone number is dialed, the panel will send the

account number and Reporting Code followed by the [#] key

(Hex [C]).

The panel has no way of confirming if the pager was called

successfully. A Failure To Communicate trouble will only be

generated if the panel detects a busy tone on all dialing

attempts, or if no dial tone is detected on all dialing attempts.

The pager format will not cause any form of ringback.

NOTE:The Pager Format cannot be used with the LINKS1000

cellular communicator.

NOTE:Do not use the digit C in a reporting code when using

Pager Format. In most cases, the digit C will be interpreted as

a [#], which will terminate the page before it has finished.

NOTE:If the panel detects a busy signal, it will attempt to page

again. It will make the maximum number of attempts programmed

in section [160].

NOTE:Force dialing should be disabled when using Pager format.

NOTE:When using Pager format, you must program two hex

digit E's at the end of the telephone number

Reply to
BruceO'Brien

I don't think it's a programming problem. I've attempted to use three completely different mechanisms for dialing out from the panel (pager, CommID, downloading). None of them have worked. I've gotten no indication that the panel has the ability to seize the phone line. The only indication that I have that the phone line is even connected to the panel is the lack of a TLM fault and the fact that the phone that is connected downline of the panel works.

What is the simplest way to just check for line seizure/dialout? I may have to send this panel back to SmartHome due to a defective dialer.

BAJ

Reply to
bjeff65

Do you hear the relay click? :-) And pick up a house phone, it should be dead when the dialler seizes the line.

How are you trying to send a signal exactly? keypad panic? entry delay expires? instant zone tripped?

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I was right. User error. At one point in time I had 3 phone lines wired to the house. I eliminated one line. But it was still wired in the network interface. I wired the panel to the defunct line. I guess it had enough of a signal not to trip the TLM.

It's wired and dialing. Now it's off to relocate the pager delivery number for my Cell phone service and testing out code delivery to it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

BAJ

Reply to
bjeff65

That's why I carry a butt-set. I like to make sure there's an actual dial tone. Using a VOM, you sometimes get what's close to actual line voltage when in fact there's no dial-tone.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.