Napco 2600 question

old Napco 2600 my question relates to arming. I have the choice to interior arm . I can also just hit arm which gives me an entry exit delay of 30 seconds. When I hit interior on bypassing the motion i still get a countdown of 30 seconds. I was hoping to find out if i can program the unit to instantly arm bypassing the motion and not have any countdown. . any thoughts if this is possible and as to how I realize there is the delay off button which negates the entry delay. i've been readng the manual but obviosly have not found the info. Thanks for any info

Reply to
Atomb
Loading thread data ...

The newer Napco panels will not do it that way so I suspect the older ones will not either.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So every time I arm the system there will be a 30 second delay. Will ademco instantly arm (no delay)

Reply to
Atomb

FBII will. I don't know much about Ademco except they are owned by the same company as FBII now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

What is the reason you want it to arm right away?

Reply to
Jim

I've had issue with this before, the short answer is 'no'.

It will work for zones programmed as 'peri', but not your peri delay zones (and of course not the int zones). The reason I guess is because some users will want to instant arm (going on long vactions) and still get out of the house.

Reply to
West Alarm

That is exactly the reason, you still haven't mentioned why you want to do this?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm not the one who wants to do this, but I'll reply anyway since I assume the 'why' question was aimed at the OP.

The time it came up with one of my clients was because they wanted to instant arm the system if they saw suspicious activity on their property and wanted to protect themselves from a 'kick in' situation. I wanted to supply a resolution, but could not. Worse, now with CP-01 the system defaults to stay arming when no exit is tripped even though the user designates instant arming and you have to make sure that 'feature' is turned off for some customers.

Reply to
West Alarm

Make that 'away', not instant.

Reply to
West Alarm

then how do you get back in?

| >

| | | I've had issue with this before, the short answer is 'no'. | | It will work for zones programmed as 'peri', but not your peri delay | zones (and of course not the int zones). The reason I guess is | because some users will want to instant arm (going on long vactions) | and still get out of the house. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
alarman

I guess you'd have to call the CS put the system on test and break into your own house. Or install a keypad out in the garage..yech..but then you'd not need to arm it instant from inside eh...or maybe a keyfob..double yech.

Or just stay home and have a Foster's.

| >

| >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | I've had issue with this before, the short answer is 'no'. | > | | > | It will work for zones programmed as 'peri', but not your peri delay | > | zones (and of course not the int zones). The reason I guess is | > | because some users will want to instant arm (going on long vactions) | > | and still get out of the house. | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't know about his particular client, but I have had tons of clients who would like to instant arm when they go to bed at night. Napco (my preferred panel line) does not do this. The old FBII XL series panels did. From the end user perspective they were one of the easiest panels to use. Sadly the got eaten by the borg and stopped evolving.

With an FBII XL panel you hit stay or instant and stay before arming. Stay bypassed interior zones, and instant cancelled entry and exit delays.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Jeeez I thought all modern panels did instant.

| >> >So every time I arm the system there will be a 30 second delay. Will | >> >ademco instantly arm (no delay) | >> >

| >> >

| >>

| >>

| >> I've had issue with this before, the short answer is 'no'. | >>

| >> It will work for zones programmed as 'peri', but not your peri delay | >> zones (and of course not the int zones). The reason I guess is | >> because some users will want to instant arm (going on long vactions) | >> and still get out of the house. | >

| > That is exactly the reason, you still haven't mentioned why you want to do | > this? | | | I don't know about his particular client, but I have had tons of clients who | would like to instant arm when they go to bed at night. Napco (my preferred | panel line) does not do this. The old FBII XL series panels did. From the | end user perspective they were one of the easiest panels to use. Sadly the | got eaten by the borg and stopped evolving. | | With an FBII XL panel you hit stay or instant and stay before arming. Stay | bypassed interior zones, and instant cancelled entry and exit delays. | | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Napco does Instant, after exit delay. Not instant instant.

On a plus side you can switch to instant at any time after its armed. You do not have to disarm and re-arm in a new mode like you did with the FBII panels.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Although this panel doesn't support it we see a lot of that using keyfobs

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I don't really understand why it's important to not have an exit delay when you arm the system at night.

What? Is someone going to break in the front door during the 30 second exit delay?

What's the problem?

Reply to
Jim

Jim inspired greatness with:

Scared housewife sees the 'fish' rummaging around the backyard during the afternoon, knows an attack is imminent. Wants protection from 'kick in' immediately.

Reply to
Western Alarm

So in a state of panic the housewife can only think of arming the with their

3 to 5-digit code hoping the siren will scare away the intruder when they kick in the door a few seconds later instead of hitting the 2-button panic which will cause the siren to go off immediately scaring the intruder before they even get close to the door?

Umm no

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark Leuck inspired greatness with:

The 'fish' may be a meter reader. It's peace of mind we are selling.

It's not an out-of-this-world scenario, is it?

You can keep smart-ass comments to yourself if your only goal is to incite argument.

Reply to
Western Alarm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.