Favourite sensors?

Hi guys,

I'm researching the equipement that vendor has suggested I use for my house alarm, and am trying to determine what is "good" and what is great. So far, this is the recommended equipement:

Motion: Bosch- ISM-BLD1-PF1

Smoke: Sentrol 541NCSXTE

CO: Sentrol 541NCSXTE

Am still searching for a clear recommendation on glassbreak sensor and Propane sensor and flood/water level sensor.

What have your experiences been with sensors? Which ones are better than the others? I live in Canada, so I don't know if the northern climate, and the annual heat/cold cycles make a difference for the type of sensors to get.

Thanks for your insight!

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.
Loading thread data ...

It depends on main control your using as to how you spec equiptment. personelly I like the system sensor I3 for smoke the bosch motion is also a good choice

Reply to
nick markowitz

You're going to find it difficult to get a defining answer. I've never used Bosh but I use the best devices that my 40 years experience has led me to deterimine. I'm sure the others here will tell you the very same thing. I think that you can go on the basis that if it's a popular manufacturer you're pretty much assured that the product is viable. Whether it's the best or not I don't think you'll ever find anyone who's used, tested and compared them all.

Some have had bad experiences with a particular manufacturer in the past and have switched to another manufacturer. That manufacturer of the bad product, will ultimately correct the problem, or came out with a replacement and now their products may well be near the top of the list. However, that installer with the bad experience has now settled with a new manufacturer and will likely not use the original maunfacturer again. It's just one of those things as in every industry. I use Visonic for passive infrared motion detectors and for dual tecnology for regular residential installations. I use Sentrol AR435 and the rest of that family of dual technology for difficult areas. Probably @ 3 times the price.

Glass break, I use Sentrol. There are other good ones out there but I use what I've had good experience with and will stick with it as long as it works. I'll very seldom try another mfgs, product unless the product I'm using goes completely bad or if it's a new inovative device and then, only after it's been on the market for about a year.

Reply to
Jim

My first suggestion would be to reconsider the CO: model before you place the order.

Reply to
ABLE1

Why - is the Sentrol 541NCSXTE not good for CO? Have you seen problems with it in the past?

Thanks!

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.

What about for CO, Propane and Smoke? Anything in particular?

Have you ever heard of or used Crow sensors? I had a vendor talk to me about them, but can't seem to find much information about them other than their site.

Thanks!

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.

The main control is still a toss-up between the Elk M1Gold and the Vista

20/21ip. Not sure exactly which one I'm going to go with just yet... Although, i don't expect there to be much of a different between the sensors being used, is there?

Thanks! Eric Eirc

Reply to
Eric B.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.