Glassbrerak Sensors - Out of this world

Well since Intellisense is pretty much only available from ADI these days, and the price is exorbitant, what else is good? I heard that a lot of folks liked the old Caddx 2000 and 2100 in the past. Is that the same sensor now sold as the NetworX 2000 and 2100? Is it still made as well as it used to be?

Of course I have glassbreak testers for Sentrol and Intellisense, so now I suppose I'll have to buy another one calibrated for Caddx eh?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

The Caddx & Networx are one and the same. They are excellent units, with built in test functions. That is the only glassbreak I use for the past 10 years. No false alarms, no problems at all.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

After using the Caddx 2000 for years with great success, I switched to the GE RND because it was a lot cheaper. It is not nearly as good as the 2000 and gives false alarms in kitchen, bath and children's areas. Also susceptible to dogs barking. I have switched back to the Caddx 2000. The price has dropped to under $25 in the bulk pak. Who needs the blister packge anyway? Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

How much do you consider "exorbitant"? The FG-1625 goes for about $30, single lot.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah, and when I asked the ADI guy about case quantities he gave me the same price. Then he tried to tell me the case qty was 5000. Trust me. Before they became an ADI exclusive I bought them for a lot less even from ADI. I bought just enough of them to finish the job I was working on and ordered a couple dozen of the NetworX sensors from somebody else for upcoming jobs.

The Intellisense is a good sensor, but a vertical monopoly is never a good deal for the buyer.

Of course like I have always said ADI does give a rats dearie air about small dealers. Since Vern left I can't get didly for service out of them. Of course Vern gives me great service over at SGI now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Call me sometime after I get back to the States. I have several other small dealers who buy from ADI through me. I can often get it for less if I ask. I haven't brought IntelliSense up with them but I'm sure that if I push the issue they'll drop the price. I get good breaks on several lines with them, including some of the Honeywell products.

I do.

I get decent pricing on Caddx but not from ADI. There are other, far hungrier distributors who are willing to negotiate better prices on Caddx.

Even vertical monopolies have a way of going sideways. I get better prices on certain Ademco products from another distributor, even though ADI is supposedly the only show in town on those products.

Don't get me wrong on this. I happen to like ADI. My rep and several of the other guys at my local branch are excellent. They really go out of their way to take care of my account. I return the favor with $1M+ per year in orders. But they're far from my only supplier. They know that and IMO it helps to keep them on their toes.

I suspect it depends on which branch / rep you use. My account was small potatoes for a while. After the divorce I had to pretty much start over. They carried my note for a year while I got back on my feet. Since then I paid them in full and have given them several million in new orders. They seem to like it that way. :^)

I'm not familiar with SGI. Which lines to they emphasize?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Lot's of other distributors handle Intellisense... ADI is a tad expensive, but one thing's for certain... they *always* have stock... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frankie,

S. Depot doesn't have IntelliSense anymore... Lost them to ADI of course.......... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.