Fault in Motion Sensor

I have an Ademco Lynxr panel with several sensors throughout my house. I have recently been getting a "fault" error on one of my motion sensors, which I believe is the Honeywell 5890pi. I am aware of the bypass option on my panel, and would like to stay away from this option if possible.

I have changed the batteries to known good batteries, yet I'm still getting a fault on the panel in the same zone intermittently. Is this a sign that the sensor is dying or is it something else?

Reply to
Jack
Loading thread data ...

does the cover fit securely? not loose or misaligned.. the tamper switch could be causing the fault message..

Reply to
RTS

The cover is on secure and aligned properly. The fault message has gone away for now, but I'm not sure if it will stick.

Reply to
Jack

I don't use the Lynx system but we do use the Vista 20P with RF sensors.. Usually troubles come from loose covers or low batteries... but, hey, anything is possible with electronics...LOL

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.