Lynx battery replacement in motion detector?

Greetings,

recently my Ademco Lynx woke me up by beeping in the middle of the night to tell me the batteries are running low in my wireless motion detector. I've had this happen a few times in the wireless smoke detector, and it's quite easy to replace the batteries in that one -- it takes two 9- volt batteries. I opened the cover on the motion detector, and the panel downstairs immediatly started making a rapid beeping sound -- I did a + off and it silenced it, I assume this is some sort of tamper alarm? So basically what I want to know is, when I remove the battery (it's a small little 3-volt I believe, had to find it at Radio Shack), is it going to mess anything up as far as the motion detector is concerned? I recall when it was installed, the installer said something about setting up the motion detector so that our cat wouldn't accidently set it off, so I'm wondering if these settings are stored in the motion detector, and will removing the battery reset it?

Thanks for any help, Chris

Reply to
hfx_chris
Loading thread data ...

go ahead and replace the battery. nothing will change as a result. except for the low battery alert.

Reply to
EyeBee

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

both batteries?

Reply to
EyeBee

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Thanks for the answers! My only concern is, that I don't know the installer code.. let's hope I don't need to use it!

Chris

Reply to
hfx_chris

You won't need it for battery replacement.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Michael

You wont need it just do code+ off and then code+off again.

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ah, that explains it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.