DSC 5010 Communication Problem

I agree.........

Reply to
Russell Brill
Loading thread data ...

True but when you have a semi-captive audience you can charge what you want, besides the cost of living in Missouri isn't very high compared to New York

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That depends where you live in each State. I can tell you that living in the St. Louis area far exceeded what it costs to live in Albany, NY. Now say out in Springfield, MO, the cost of living is far less, but the taxes are about the same. Missouri has very high taxes, as one would think they wouldn't.

Reply to
Jackcsg

I'm not quite sure what the drive is....cheap labor? I remember in the late

70's Zenith, who pretty much had a big chunk of the TV market in the 60's and 70's, went to Mexico for their assembly process. It turned Zenith into the biggest piece of shit on the Market, and later, almost put them out of business. Modular chassis, cheap Molex connectors, and snap in cards for tuners, and voltage drivers, were a nightmare. Sony and Quasar/Panasonic (Matsushita) were building TV's in Illinois. Go figure...
Reply to
Jackcsg

IME, corporate greed knows no bounds. I expect to see DMP go the way of the others at some point, once some corporate bigshot finds out that another corps. bigshot has a bigger boat. js

Reply to
alarman

Same thing happened to Volkswagen however they were able to improve the quality

The drive is partly cheap labor and partly state/local regulations, these days manufacturing something in the US is an expensive nightmare. The real money today is not from manufacturing but design and service

Reply to
Mark Leuck

We're just a cheap Country now-a-days, killing our own country with an illusive Trade deficit. The rich get richer, and the poor buy things from Wal-Mart....

Reply to
Jackcsg

And total hogwash, who doesn't look for the lowest cost on products?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.