Lack of help from DSC.

Added a PC-5100 to a PC-5010.

Every time I try to add the module either by Auto Detection or Manually in the Downloading software, it will not add to the system.

Tried calling tech support on Friday the 29th for help and no one was able to help.

"You will have to speak to a manager about this." was the answer I got. As all sr. techs were gone for the day. Left a message with my office and cell number.

As of today, 05 July, no calls back. I called in this morning and was told that the manager of Tech support was in a meeting along with all of the sr. techs.

Even tried Harry Schultz, but all he would do was keep referring me back to Russell in tech support.

Has anyone else had the same problem with the DSC downloading software?

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

Reply to
George Siegle
Loading thread data ...

Every time I try to add the module either by Auto Detection or Manually in the Downloading software, it will not add to the system.

Tried calling tech support on Friday the 29th for help and no one was able to help.

"You will have to speak to a manager about this." was the answer I got. As all sr. techs were gone for the day. Left a message with my office and cell number.

As of today, 05 July, no calls back. I called in this morning and was told that the manager of Tech support was in a meeting along with all of the sr. techs.

Even tried Harry Schultz, but all he would do was keep referring me back to Russell in tech support.

Thanks

Is the 5100 located in the same cabinet as the 5010? Have you tried adding the module manually trough the keypad (section 902)? js

Reply to
Buggs

Yes the PC-5100 does show up when we do a 902 / 903 It is an issue with the Downloading Software.

George

Thanks

Is the 5100 located in the same cabinet as the 5010? Have you tried adding the module manually trough the keypad (section 902)? js

Reply to
George Siegle

I've only used the AML loop with PC4020, never the PC5010. Do you have another system with a PC5100 to compare and contrast with? There does seem to be a mention of the need for the PC5100 to either be in the PC5010 cabinet or a PC5204. If a 903 shows the device the software should too. You could manually enroll it in the software and see if it functions when you upload it.

Thanks

Reply to
Roland More

It helps if you remember to program the panel key (after you enroll all the devices).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.