DSC5010 CO communication issues

Gents,

I have a DSC5010 panel that has a problem communicating with the CO.

On alarm, the panel siezes the line, dials the CO correctly, handshakes successfully, and then nothing. The alarm codes are not being transmitted. Alarm tech checked the comm. protocol in the programming and it seems right.

He also reset the panel to defaults, reprogrammed, and the same thing happens.

He feels like it's a bad panel, which would make sense, but he can't replace it for a few days. Anybody have any suggestions I can try? Any "special" resets on this panel that he might have missed? Someway I can clear the alarm code buffer/cache/whatever?

It seems like it must be a software problem rather than a hardware one, since the dialing and handshaking are happening.

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

What format?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There could be a number of problems here that don't involve the panel. Are you talking to the receiver directly or do you have central station software that someone is reading to you. You may simply have an incorrect account number. You mentioned "since the dialing and handshaking are happening". If the panel is reporting a single time it must "think" it got through. Otherwise it would redial and have an FTC error. Does the account number have a "zero" in it? Is it programmed as an "A"? What format? Is it sending automatic codes? There isn't enough detail here to tell you exactly what the problem might be.

Reply to
Just Looking

Give me a call. I will be glad to help.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yes, call Jim.

He gives free alarm health care.

Reply to
Jim

I've fallen and I can't get up.

Yes, call Jim.

He gives free alarm health care.

Reply to
Just Looking

That's funny. True, but funny.

Jim Rojas

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yo habla Espanol el presso numero two.

Reply to
Jimmy Cracker Olsen

You'll need to program the reporting codes.

Reply to
alarman

Too noisy, I wanna silent alarm.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

DSC panels often "encounter" this problem when programmed to transmit in "SIA". Make sure all your fields are "FF" and that the panel is set to transmit "automatic Rep. codes" codes in section 381.

Reply to
Frank Olson

It wouldn't call out if that were the case

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Enter program mode

Enter the account number provided by whoever monitors For companies like ADT, it's the last four digits of the account number You may need to enter any zeroes using "*1*" (hex zero digit) instead of pressing zero

Press #

Enter the complete account receiver phone number

Press #

Ensure "1" is lighted

Press #

Enter the reporting type (for contact id, it's 0303) This page usually kicks you out after entry on its own

Press # three times to ensure your all the way out of programming mode

If these four fields are entered correctly and you have zones programmed right, this should be all you need to get a signal out. (assuming this is a programming issue and not a sticky dialer relay or phone line issue)

Stimpson

Reply to
jmcluckie1

Enter program mode

Enter the account number provided by whoever monitors For companies like ADT, it's the last four digits of the account number You may need to enter any zeroes using "*1*" (hex zero digit) instead of pressing zero

Press #

Enter the complete account receiver phone number

Press #

Ensure "1" is lighted

Press #

Enter the reporting type (for contact id, it's 0303) This page usually kicks you out after entry on its own

Press # three times to ensure your all the way out of programming mode

If these four fields are entered correctly and you have zones programmed right, this should be all you need to get a signal out. (assuming this is a programming issue and not a sticky dialer relay or phone line issue)

Stimpson

Reply to
Stimpson

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------020300030904050901030206 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Enter Program mode

Enter account number. For companies like ADT, it's the last four digits You may need to enter any zeros with *1* instead of zero

#

Enter receiver phone number as it should be dialed

#

Ensure 1 is ON

#

Enter reporting format (for ADT contact ID, it's 0303) This section usually kicks you out after you enter the four digits

If you have good zone programming, this should be all the programming that needs to be addressed as far as the phone communicator goes.

Stimpson

Reply to
Stimpson

The main board is defective.

Reply to
AJ

"Stimpson" wrote... Enter Program mode

...snipped...

Enter reporting format (for ADT contact ID, it's 0303) This section usually kicks you out after you enter the four digits

This section number is actually 360, at least in the 832 panel. This may or may not be true for the new 1832 panels.

Reply to
CH®IS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.