Does naybody care about getting things right anymore...

{(Not Tri-Ed) Believe it or not they got my last order right.}

This just went off to anotehr vendor who has managed to lose orders completely, quote my grossly incorrect prices and stick to them even when I ask them three times if they are sure then not send me the product because they were wrong but not call me about it, just plane quote wrong items... not even what I requested, and send me totally wrong parts now.

Dear Vendor I am very frustrated,

My Aiphone stuff arrived yesterday. I was putting it on the shelf for that particular customer's job and sorting materials out for jobs when I noticed what didn't look right on the box. I opened one. You sent me NEM-10C master intercoms. I sent you a neatly printed block text quote request that clearly says NEM-10A/C That is exactly the right part number according to Aiphone. I know this because the print out came from their quote system on their website.

So what you might ask? Well the NEM-10A/C has a handset. The intercom I got does not. Am I sure? Well, yes. Because the description on the same form generated by Aiphone says, "10 CALL MASTER WITH HANDSET, LAMP MEMORY AND ALL CALL" As I type I am looking at the very page I faxed over.

There are getting to be problems ON EVERY SINGLE INTERACTION. Its very frustrating. I can understand when a mistake happens, things get forgotten, orders don't get processed, not all of an order is shipped, a wrong price is quoted, when I don't get called back... once in a while. But its been something on every single order. A couple somethings on many of them. I am getting very frustrated.

Still haven't got a quote for the cameras I asked about either.

Some of my vendors wonder why I have to push out paying them sometimes. This is why. If I don't get the job done I don't get paid. If I don't get paid you don't get paid. Instead of running wire and installing rough in boxes and sorting parts out for jobs I am instead trying to decide how strong a message to send that will express my level of frustration and motivate somebody to take care of it ASAP and maybe make up for the lost revenue to me in some way without calling me an asshole for getting upset about it and telling me to go get stuffed.

Sincerly, The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from. Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant Bob La Londe - Owner P.O. Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Licensed Contractor ROC103044 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Sounds exactly like one particular parts house around here. Wow! I didn't know they had a branch near you too.

Reply to
Just Looking

There seems to be an attitude in the workplace now, that employees should have fun at work; that a cool, comfortable, stress-free work environment is somehow owed them. I see this a lot in all types of businesses, banks, offices. Dress codes are non-existent. Employees are watching television, or listening to their I-pods, having parties, bringing their kids to work, etc. Exceptions not withstanding, these distractions have led to a gross reduction of productivity in the workplace. Or, to be blunt, nobody is paying any attention to what the f*ck they are supposed to be doing. The attitude is, well if it's wrong, I'll just deal with it tomorrow. No one has the slightest concern about how their laxidasical, careless work habits affect other people. They just do not care. And why? Because there are no consequences. They just keep bumbling along day after day, year after year, and never get any better.

I have stopped dealing with Tri-Ed San Diego completely due to incompetent management. ADI is a last resort, although they are trying. I have complained over and over about the same errors, but get only lip service. But it's not just the distributors. Manufacturers are slipping too. And, OBTW, I don't want to visit my local bank branch manager only to find that she has taken the afternoon off with a headache. I don't want to see the tellers dressed in t-shirts and jeans because it's casual Friday. And if I have to wait one more time for you to take the Goddamned earbuds out before I can ask a question, I may just be yanking them out myself.

I don't expect you to genuflect. What I expect, is that if I am doing business with you, for you to get my order right 99% of the time. That's your job. It doesn't seem that hard to me. My job should be as easy as yours. Pay attention. No habla? Too bad, get a landscaping job. Your time of the month? Take a Midol, and get back to work. I don't give a damn what happened on Survuvor last night, or how much your new nose ring cost, pay attention to what you're doing. js

Reply to
Buggs

I see the Meds are f> > {(Not Tri-Ed) Believe it or not they got my last order right.} > >

Reply to
Just Looking

Thanks. I knew you'd appreciate the nose ring reference. js

Reply to
Buggs

Well here's your problem>>>>>>>

formatting link

Reply to
ABLE_1

formatting link

AURGH!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Lately I have purchased products which *do not work* out of the box. Not just the product I purchased, but from *any* box.

They are not designed and tested properly to be sure they work or can be put together.

I bought a barbecue which could *not* be put together with the parts included (correct parts included per documentation!). I *had* to modify it and buy a couple of longer screws for one assembly.

I bought an a mpeg free to air satellite receiver which would not work unless you upgraded the software from the company's web site. Then for a time they had an upgrade available on their web site which did not work. No one ever tested it!

I bought a parallel adapter card for my PC which could never work on anything! Everyone who bought one could not get it to work! They never tested it or did not care!

I bought a remote extender which could never work. You had to place it near the TV to get it to work, but the RF from the TV caused it to not work! I had to modify it to get it to work properly.

And on and on...

I'm just glad I am "handy" and know electronics so I can modify these things and get them to work. It used to be companies tested everything before they sold a product. Made darn sure everything would work properly. Not any more...

Reply to
Bill

Does anyone else see the irony in a misspelled word in the title of this post?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Didn't notice. I was too busy fiddling with my Ipod. js

Reply to
Buggs

I was wondering if I was gonna slip that one by.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Please tell me you're not converting all your 8-tracks to mp3's... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.